Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1318 views

Common answers

=================================================================
BrainBashers Common Answers
=================================================================

Hi Marcel Cox,

You came 355th in November's contest.

Don't forget that you can join up to 5 leagues, see the
rules' page for more details. Your answers were:

Name a country which touches Germany.
FRANCE [1st]

Name an animal that might fit into a pocket.
MOUSE [1st]

Name something used to cross a river.
BOAT [1st]

Name the wrist you normally wear a watch on.
LEFT [1st]

Name a King of England.
HENRY [1st]

Name something you can see only when it's dark.
MOON [2nd, 'STARS' was top]

Name a single letter that completes this word L_G.
E [1st]

Name the number of days you might be ill for.
5 [3rd, '3' was top]

Name a made-up word that rhymes with EMPTY.
LEMPTY [4th, 'BEMPTY' was top]

Name a major ancient civilisation.
EGYPTIAN [1st]

The number in brackets shows the position of your answer,
e.g. 2nd means your answer was the second most popular.

--
Marcel Cox (Sysop)
Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com
Labels (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

(The following table is designed to be viewed in a fixed-width font)

November's League Table for 'NCCI'

# Name Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10
505 KATHRYN CARRUTHERS 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 3 13 1
569 KIM GRONEMAN 1 3 1 1 1 1 2 1 9 1
804 STEVE DANAHER 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 14 1
1170 BEN SHARP 3 1 1 1 1 7 2 2 2 4
1193 MICHAEL CUTHBERTSON 5 1 2 2 1 1 2 5 3 2
1196 ANDREW CARPENTER 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 31 4
1513 SUSAN RICKEY 3 2 1 2 4 1 1 2 5 1
1784 JAY CALDERWOOD 1 1 3 1 2 2 2 4 28 3

Congratulations, Kathryn!

Marcel, you should join the NCCI League..



--
AZC


0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Common answers

Andrew Z Carpenter,

> 569  KIM GRONEMAN


Just right. I'm not too common yet I'm not all that unique either.

--
Kim
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

According to my brainbashers home page, I'm supposed to be part of the
NCCI league.

--
Marcel Cox (Sysop)
Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

> "Marcel Cox" <cimetmc@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> news:_fW4j.4150$k06.2195@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>
> According to my brainbashers home page, I'm supposed
> to be part of the NCCI league.



Odd.

I can see you listed in http://www.brainbashers.com/commonleague.asp
but not in http://www.brainbashers.com/commonleague.asp?league=NCCI



--
AZC


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

=================================================================
BrainBashers Common Answers
=================================================================

Hi MichaelC,

You came 1,193rd in November's contest.

Don't forget you're a member of at least one league, simply log
in to see your league's results. Your answers were:

Name a country which touches Germany.
BELGIUM [5th, 'FRANCE' was top]

Name an animal that might fit into a pocket.
MOUSE [1st]

Name something used to cross a river.
BRIDGE [2nd, 'BOAT' was top]

Name the wrist you normally wear a watch on.
RIGHT [2nd, 'LEFT' was top]

Name a King of England.
HENRY [1st]

Name something you can see only when it's dark.
STARS [1st]

Name a single letter that completes this word L_G.
O [2nd, 'E' was top]

Name the number of days you might be ill for.
4 [5th, '3' was top]

Name a made-up word that rhymes with EMPTY.
DEMPTY [3rd, 'BEMPTY' was top]

Name a major ancient civilisation.
AZTEC [2nd, 'EGYPTIAN' was top]

Michael
--
"This is the curse of Jeff Murdoch. I meet the woman of my dreams and I
can't take my trousers off."
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

Uh oh, that civilization was conquered by Spaniards in the 16th Century.
You and a whole lot of other people probably need to sit in on one of
Felton's lectures on the inadequate immigrations background checks and
controls of his ancestors' version of Homeland Security, especially
Immigrations and Customs Enforcement. 😉

MichaelC wrote:
>...
> Name a major ancient civilisation.
> AZTEC [2nd, 'EGYPTIAN' was top]
>
> Michael

0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Common answers

Andrew Z Carpenter,

> I can see you listed in http://www.brainbashers.com/commonleague.asp
> but not in http://www.brainbashers.com/commonleague.asp?league=NCCI


I wonder if it has anything to do with upper/lower case or some such.
Marcel can you go into your NCCI league and see everyone else?

--
Kim
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

Dan
> Uh oh, that civilization was conquered by Spaniards in the 16th Century.


Anything that goes back to the 14th century is pretty ancient to me 😛

> You and a whole lot of other people probably need to sit in on one of
> Felton's lectures on the inadequate immigrations background checks and
> controls of his ancestors' version of Homeland Security, especially
> Immigrations and Customs Enforcement. 😉


Yeah, yeah, yeah <g>

Michael
--
"This is the curse of Jeff Murdoch. I meet the woman of my dreams and I
can't take my trousers off."
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

> > Andrew Z Carpenter,
> >
> > I can see you listed in http://www.brainbashers.com/commonleague.asp
> > but not in http://www.brainbashers.com/commonleague.asp?league=NCCI

>
>
> "kgroneman" <kgroneman@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> news:4248620.irEXe8Naqp@GrasshopperHerder...
>
> I wonder if it has anything to do with upper/lower case or some such.
> Marcel can you go into your NCCI league and see everyone else?



Kim,

I don't think so, as the following URL still shows us the expected people.

http://www.brainbashers.com/commonleague.asp?league=ncci



--
AZC


0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Common answers

Andrew Z Carpenter,

> I don't think so, as the following URL still shows us the expected people.


But if Marcel has NCCI in his configuration I wonder why it doesn't show up
there. I'm also in a family league and people are having the same type of
problem. I think it's a problem with the BrainBashers system.

--
Kim
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

> "kgroneman" <kgroneman@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> news:3088752.NQhHHuG7eN@GrasshopperHerder...
>
> But if Marcel has NCCI in his configuration I wonder why it doesn't show
> up
> there. I'm also in a family league and people are having the same type of
> problem. I think it's a problem with the BrainBashers system.




I guess we'll find out when the answers for the current quiz are revealed.


--
AZC


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

That's merely "medieval". But then again, I'm used to dealing with a
culture that still has members who consider the invasion of the old
country by Kubilai Khan in the 13th Century as something that happened
just recently and still consider the Mongols a threat to civilized
society. 😉

MichaelC wrote:

> Anything that goes back to the 14th century is pretty ancient to me 😛

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

Dan
> That's merely "medieval". But then again, I'm used to dealing with a
> culture that still has members who consider the invasion of the old
> country by Kubilai Khan in the 13th Century as something that happened
> just recently and still consider the Mongols a threat to civilized
> society. 😉


That, and the fact that you're older than dirt <vbg>

Michael
--
"This is the curse of Jeff Murdoch. I meet the woman of my dreams and I
can't take my trousers off."

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Common answers

Very historical dirt. 😉

MichaelC wrote:

>
> That, and the fact that you're older than dirt <vbg>
>
> Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.