Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5180 views

Gas Executives charged with collusion

Labels (1)
0 Likes
62 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

A start? of what? I have no clue what it's a start of.

Yes, I would LOVE to see that global warming stuff go thru a court hearing.
Not only do the plantiffs have to prove that global warming exists (record
cold day in NYC the other day?), but that it is caused by human behavior,
and was caused by wanton disregard for safety on the part of the defendants.

We have too many lawyers in this country, and not enough scientists that
don't stand to gain from scientific fads.




"Craig" <tech@no-spam-novoco.com> wrote in message
news:UAXyi.4879$pG6.1368@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> It's a start.....
>
> http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6680861



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Some station owners are guilty of price fixing themselves...at least out
here they are. I've got the managers at stations calling managers down the
road - more than once - to find out what they set their price to, which is
why Meijers is always 1 cent cheaper than BP, Marathon, and Shell. It's
done every morning at 7am, then again at noon, and again at 3...that's what
the Meijers manager told me she was told to do...and the managers seem to
be okay with that.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

This isn't about climate change..it's about a sneaky plan to rip us off.
The "good start" is to see them pay back the stations for the abuse from
1999 to 2001. I have suspected that this type of collusion may be occuring
now...it would be nice if they found collusion up until the present day.

On the other topic, Climate Change does not preclude record cold days
anywhere. The scientists are in agreement... throughout the world. The
exception are those purchased by Big Oil.

For more, see:

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_Change/Science/Skeptics.asp

"Tim Wohlford" <geek49203@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:vJXyi.4885$pG6.4511@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>A start? of what? I have no clue what it's a start of.
>
> Yes, I would LOVE to see that global warming stuff go thru a court
> hearing. Not only do the plantiffs have to prove that global warming
> exists (record cold day in NYC the other day?), but that it is caused by
> human behavior, and was caused by wanton disregard for safety on the part
> of the defendants.
>
> We have too many lawyers in this country, and not enough scientists that
> don't stand to gain from scientific fads.
>
>
>
>
> "Craig" <tech@no-spam-novoco.com> wrote in message
> news:UAXyi.4879$pG6.1368@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>> It's a start.....
>>
>> http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6680861

>
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

I've heard that most stations make very little on the gasoline though. They
say they make it on the 5 day old hot dogs, Cheetos, rancid coffee and
overpriced service stations.


"Mary Matthews" <mlm23NO@SPAMcalvin.edu> wrote in message
news:46CC12F1.F781.00FC.0@SPAMcalvin.edu...
> Some station owners are guilty of price fixing themselves...at least out
> here they are. I've got the managers at stations calling managers down
> the
> road - more than once - to find out what they set their price to, which is
> why Meijers is always 1 cent cheaper than BP, Marathon, and Shell. It's
> done every morning at 7am, then again at noon, and again at 3...that's
> what
> the Meijers manager told me she was told to do...and the managers seem to
> be okay with that.


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Tim Wohlford wrote:
> A start? of what? I have no clue what it's a start of.
>
> Yes, I would LOVE to see that global warming stuff go thru a court hearing.
> Not only do the plantiffs have to prove that global warming exists (record
> cold day in NYC the other day?), but that it is caused by human behavior,
> and was caused by wanton disregard for safety on the part of the defendants.
>
> We have too many lawyers in this country, and not enough scientists that
> don't stand to gain from scientific fads.
>


Settle down Tim. All Craig's post was about was price fixing in the oil
industry. To me, 'It's a start' means cracking down on the greedy oil
mofo's.

Ted Novak
TRA#5512
IEAS#75
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Craig wrote:

> I've heard that most stations make very little on the gasoline though.
> They say they make it on the 5 day old hot dogs, Cheetos, rancid coffee
> and overpriced service stations.


This is correct, They don't own the gas like they used to. The Gas company
still owns the gas in the tanks and they are supposed to set the prices.

Gas companies tell the station owner to set their price according with the
market. What some station owners were caught doing was lowering the price
late and raising it early and skimming from the oil company and you and I.

Kinda like the paper boy charging you $1.50 for a newspaper he pays $1.00
for and is supposed to charge $1.25

Burn corn and beans let them eat their oil. Lets see who gets along better.

Corn and beans should reflect oil prices.

Doug

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Craig wrote:

> For more, see:
>
> http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_Change/Science/Skeptics.asp


"Despite the international scientific community’s consensus on climate
change..."

Consensus is not science.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

My hubby is fond of saying "a bee must have farted" anytime there's a huge
swing in prices. It makes about as much sense. 🙂

I'm waiting for the air cars from India to get more attention...those could
be fun. That or maybe I should just attach a huge sail to my old truck and
let the wind out here push me to work. 🙂
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Gee, and I remember being taught in the 70's that we were going to have an
ice age again really soon due to pollution...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Mmm corn and beans. Now I'm hungry.

"Doug" <rdmallory@myrealb0x.c0m> wrote in message
news:kxYyi.4947$pG6.433@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>
>> I've heard that most stations make very little on the gasoline though.
>> They say they make it on the 5 day old hot dogs, Cheetos, rancid coffee
>> and overpriced service stations.

>
> This is correct, They don't own the gas like they used to. The Gas company
> still owns the gas in the tanks and they are supposed to set the prices.
>
> Gas companies tell the station owner to set their price according with the
> market. What some station owners were caught doing was lowering the price
> late and raising it early and skimming from the oil company and you and I.
>
> Kinda like the paper boy charging you $1.50 for a newspaper he pays $1.00
> for and is supposed to charge $1.25
>
> Burn corn and beans let them eat their oil. Lets see who gets along
> better.
>
> Corn and beans should reflect oil prices.
>
> Doug
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

or maybe the cliche should be, "the guys must've talked". 🙂


"Mary Matthews" <mlm23NO@SPAMcalvin.edu> wrote in message
news:46CC216A.F781.00FC.0@SPAMcalvin.edu...
> My hubby is fond of saying "a bee must have farted" anytime there's a huge
> swing in prices. It makes about as much sense. 🙂
>
> I'm waiting for the air cars from India to get more attention...those
> could
> be fun. That or maybe I should just attach a huge sail to my old truck
> and
> let the wind out here push me to work. 🙂


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Lance Reynolds wrote:


> Consensus is not science.


If it was. Some dud by the name of Columbus would of stayed at home and we
would all still be under the Queen...

Doug

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Sure it is. Science uses theories, runs experiments to try to disprove
those theories. When 1000's of scientists create models that prove the
theory, you have consensus.
"Lance Reynolds" <lanceNO@SPAMsatco.biz> wrote in message
news:JGYyi.4957$pG6.341@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>
>> For more, see:
>>
>> http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_Change/Science/Skeptics.asp

>
> "Despite the international scientific community’s consensus on climate
> change..."
>
> Consensus is not science.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Climate Change.
"Mary Matthews" <mlm23NO@SPAMcalvin.edu> wrote in message
news:46CC21BA.F781.00FC.0@SPAMcalvin.edu...
> Gee, and I remember being taught in the 70's that we were going to have an
> ice age again really soon due to pollution...



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.