Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Need more web site feedback

We loved the feedback you gave us on the new header for Novell.com (especially the suggestion that we "kill the old one with fire"), so we thought we ask you what you think of the new product page design. We piloted the new design on the Sentinel Log Manager page. This page has been live for just about a month now, and according to the stats, this new approach is kicking some serious booty. Google is finding the page much better, and some of the key metrics like time on page and bounce rate are looking extremely good.

So from a stats perspective, it's a great design. But how do you feel about it from a user perspective? Are you enticed to explore things you see on the new pages? Is it easy to find what you're looking for? If you're new to this product, does the page present the information you need to know about it?

Take a few minutes to explore the page, and then leave comments here in this thread please. Thanks!
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Hey! Need more web site feedback

The colors are burning my eyes

Strange that you have the pics on top on the entry page, but clicking
on the tabs, they are removed....Makes the page looks less consistent,
and jumps up and down.....

However...Looks a lot better that the old style....

Overall I like it

--
Tommy

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
adrockk Contributor.
Contributor.

I noticed the image not on the other tabs too, but more that the tabs aren't
tabs really, but separate pages. Neither the "inconsistent" image or
tabs/pages are killers, but they did jump out at me as clunky. I actually
liked the colors of that page, but they do seem to clash with the typical
Novell colors I'm used to, and even the new almost-Microsoft-blue.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I have to agree with the others, over all it is a nice design but it would be even better if the surrounding stayed the same when changing what looks like tabs.

The main aspect for me is that the information is easy to find and you succeeded with that.
0 Likes
cstaples Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I agree with the above posts. The colors have a little more edge, but in a positive way. I was expecting the tab to change information, not the page. Overall it's easier to navigate and find what you are looking for. Whoever developed the "technical info" tab should be promoted. That page would save me from reading the white papers before I install.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.