Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1063 views

I hate SLP issues!!

Got a "ghost" default service out there. Can only assume it came from a
botched OES2-SP1 install of a virtual server.

Not looking for help, just venting a tad.

Client's can't login...have to do Workstation Only, then login in via the
taskbar client link. Can't figure out how to fix it, which means I may be
working tomorrow. Guess it's a good thing I'm not in a "Christmas Mood".
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: I hate SLP issues!!

Mary Matthews wrote:
> Got a "ghost" default service out there. Can only assume it came from a
> botched OES2-SP1 install of a virtual server.
>
> Not looking for help, just venting a tad.
>
> Client's can't login...have to do Workstation Only, then login in via the
> taskbar client link. Can't figure out how to fix it, which means I may be
> working tomorrow. Guess it's a good thing I'm not in a "Christmas Mood".


Jingle Bells, SLP smell, Novell laid an egg... 😛
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: I hate SLP issues!!

Mary Matthews wrote:

> Client's can't login...have to do Workstation Only, then login in via the
> taskbar client link. Can't figure out how to fix it, which means I may be
> working tomorrow. Guess it's a good thing I'm not in a "Christmas Mood".


Could be worse. Your nose could be gushing blood.

--
Joe
Does this washcloth smell like chloroform?

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: I hate SLP issues!!

I already had that happen last night (too dry air).

>>> On 12/24/2008 at 2:24 PM, in message

<s%v4l.12127$wo4.5822@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Joseph
Marton<jmartonNO@SPAMhsemuni.com> wrote:
> Mary Matthews wrote:
>
>> Client's can't login...have to do Workstation Only, then login in via

> the
>> taskbar client link. Can't figure out how to fix it, which means I may


> be
>> working tomorrow. Guess it's a good thing I'm not in a "Christmas

> Mood".
>
> Could be worse. Your nose could be gushing blood.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: I hate SLP issues!!

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that! 🙂

>>> On 12/24/2008 at 12:54 PM, in message

<lHu4l.12118$wo4.265@kovat.provo.novell.com>,
Matthew<"system[spam]tyrant"@gmail[dot].com> wrote:
> Mary Matthews wrote:
>> Got a "ghost" default service out there. Can only assume it came from

> a
>> botched OES2-SP1 install of a virtual server.
>>
>> Not looking for help, just venting a tad.
>>
>> Client's can't login...have to do Workstation Only, then login in via

> the
>> taskbar client link. Can't figure out how to fix it, which means I may


> be
>> working tomorrow. Guess it's a good thing I'm not in a "Christmas

> Mood".
>
> Jingle Bells, SLP smell, Novell laid an egg... 😛

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.