Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1128 views

Linux voids laptop warranty

This is so messed up.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33819/118/

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us
who do."
Labels (1)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

Not seen the outcome yet .,. but you know it will go the way of the user ...
"Joseph Marton" <jmartonNO@SPAMhsemuni.com> wrote in message
news:080Gi.41$Qs3.22@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> This is so messed up.
>
> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33819/118/
>
> --
> Joe
> "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us
> who do."



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

Joseph Marton wrote:
> This is so messed up.
>
> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33819/118/
>

That's because it doesn't go to sleep when you close the lid and the
constant heat weakens the joints 🙂
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:53:34 +0000, incognito wrote:

> Not seen the outcome yet .,. but you know it will go the way of the user


Yeah, ultimately the question isn't going to be "will they fix it" but
"how much PR damage will the company suffer as a result of being brain-
dead"

Jim
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

> Yeah, ultimately the question isn't going to be "will they fix it" but
> "how much PR damage will the company suffer as a result of being brain-
> dead"


I think the word is 'daft'. 🙂
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

Two words:

PC World. No surprises.

Joseph Marton wrote:
> This is so messed up.
>
> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33819/118/
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:53:34 +0000, incognito wrote:
>
>> Not seen the outcome yet .,. but you know it will go the way of the user

>
> Yeah, ultimately the question isn't going to be "will they fix it" but
> "how much PR damage will the company suffer as a result of being brain-
> dead"
>
> Jim


"Braindead" a top movie by the leading director Peter Jackson

🙂
J

--
Pye, James Pye, chmod 007, The Ultimate Open Source

You know it's going to be a bad day when you hear
"Transporter Malfunction" while being demolecularised.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:50:19 +0000, Jim Pye wrote:

> "Braindead" a top movie by the leading director Peter Jackson


LOL! That'd be interesting...

Jim
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:43:19 +0000, G of Borg wrote:

>> Yeah, ultimately the question isn't going to be "will they fix it" but
>> "how much PR damage will the company suffer as a result of being brain-
>> dead"

>
> I think the word is 'daft'. 🙂


That word could work...

Jim
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:24:52 +0000, Voi Ch'intrate wrote:

> Two words:
>
> PC World. No surprises.
>
> Joseph Marton wrote:
>> This is so messed up.
>>
>> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33819/118/
>>


Uh, Pete, that's *four* words, or 5, if you expand "PC". 😉

Jim
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

Oscar for best use of a lawnmower... <EG>

Jim Pye wrote:
>
> "Braindead" a top movie by the leading director Peter Jackson
>
> 🙂
> J
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

"PC World" - two words. "No surprises" - the critical review. 😛

Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:24:52 +0000, Voi Ch'intrate wrote:
>
>> Two words:
>>
>> PC World. No surprises.
>>
>> Joseph Marton wrote:
>>> This is so messed up.
>>>
>>> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33819/118/
>>>

>
> Uh, Pete, that's *four* words, or 5, if you expand "PC". 😉
>
> Jim

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:39:40 +0000, Voi Ch'intrate wrote:

> "PC World" - two words. "No surprises" - the critical review.


I would've guessed you'd say "PC World" - the subject, "No surprise" -
the two-word critical review.

Jim
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:50:19 +0000, Jim Pye wrote:
>
>> "Braindead" a top movie by the leading director Peter Jackson

>
> LOL! That'd be interesting...
>
> Jim

Jim

If you are not aware this is a movie already made by PJ. A cult classic with
blood and gore in the genre of Chainsaw Massacar but with Lawn Mowers 🙂

This was made after his first released movie Bad Taste which is another
brilliant piece of cult art.

Have just finished his bio which takes you from his experiments in the
backyard with a 8mm through to Kong and further. A good read.

Jim

--
Pye, James Pye, chmod 007, The Ultimate Open Source

You know it's going to be a bad day when you hear
"Transporter Malfunction" while being demolecularised.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux voids laptop warranty

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:41:51 +0000, Jim Pye wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:50:19 +0000, Jim Pye wrote:
>>
>>> "Braindead" a top movie by the leading director Peter Jackson

>>
>> LOL! That'd be interesting...
>>
>> Jim

> Jim
>
> If you are not aware this is a movie already made by PJ. A cult classic
> with blood and gore in the genre of Chainsaw Massacar but with Lawn
> Mowers 🙂
>
> This was made after his first released movie Bad Taste which is another
> brilliant piece of cult art.
>
> Have just finished his bio which takes you from his experiments in the
> backyard with a 8mm through to Kong and further. A good read.
>
> Jim


Might have to flix it...

Jim
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.