dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1036 views

My Macbook is sick :(

The display went black last night. Plugging into a monitor doesn't work either, so it's probably the adapter. I have to take it to the Apple Store this morning as an addition to my already CRAZY Tuesday!

So, I'm on my OpenSuse 10.2 PC - I've not powered it up for more than looking at files since I was using it to record LPs in June, but the Macbook was so much better at recording that I also gave up on that pretty quickly. Other than that, I don't think I've had it on for more than an hour or so in a year. There is a lot wrong with it - I don't have Gemini (newsreader installed), I don't have GW installed, and get a ton of dependency problems when I try. I have Firefox installed it seems <g>.

I hope they get my Macbook fixed QUICKLY!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: My Macbook is sick :(

Get thee to a time capsule!

I am just setting mine up now!


"dzanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:dzanre.3lyhlz@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> The display went black last night. Plugging into a monitor doesn't work
> either, so it's probably the adapter. I have to take it to the Apple
> Store this morning as an addition to my already CRAZY Tuesday!
>
> So, I'm on my OpenSuse 10.2 PC - I've not powered it up for more than
> looking at files since I was using it to record LPs in June, but the
> Macbook was so much better at recording that I also gave up on that
> pretty quickly. Other than that, I don't think I've had it on for more
> than an hour or so in a year. There is a lot wrong with it - I don't
> have Gemini (newsreader installed), I don't have GW installed, and get a
> ton of dependency problems when I try. I have Firefox installed it
> seems <g>.
>
> I hope they get my Macbook fixed QUICKLY!
>
>
> --
> Danita Zanre
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
> http://www.caledonia.net/blog
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> dzanre's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=364
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=356601
>



0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: My Macbook is sick :(

Just got off the phone with the Apple Store - needs a new logicboard, and they don't have one in the store, so they say it will be quicker to actually ship it off to the repair center rather than wait on a parts delivery! Hopefully it will be back in time for GWAVACon - otherwise I'll have to use my daughter's WINDOWS PC for that <eeeeek> <g>.

Danita
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: My Macbook is sick :(

Timecapsule seems cool. Not sure if it's any better than time machine w/a
hdd and airport express.


"dzanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:dzanre.3m0yyn@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Just got off the phone with the Apple Store - needs a new logicboard,
> and they don't have one in the store, so they say it will be quicker to
> actually ship it off to the repair center rather than wait on a parts
> delivery! Hopefully it will be back in time for GWAVACon - otherwise
> I'll have to use my daughter's WINDOWS PC for that <eeeeek> <g>.
>
> Danita
>
>
> --
> Danita Zanre
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
> http://www.caledonia.net/blog
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> dzanre's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=364
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=356601
>



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.