ztheil Absent Member.
Absent Member.
8144 views

Netware ScreenSaver

Hi guys!

Do you know if there is a screen saver for win XP which looks like Netware screen saver?
It would be great fun. 🙂

Thanks

If it works, don't fix it.
0 Likes
27 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

ztheil wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Do you know if there is a screen saver for win XP which looks like
> Netware screen saver?
> It would be great fun. 🙂
>
> Thanks
>
>



google for netware worm screensaver. (is this support?)
0 Likes
Sewermonger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

Have an OLD commcast screensaver that has Novell all over it
--



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

ftp://ftp.dreamlan.com/Freeware/nwsnake.zip


"ztheil" <ztheil@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:ztheil.36fb1z@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Hi guys!
>
> Do you know if there is a screen saver for win XP which looks like
> Netware screen saver?
> It would be great fun. 🙂
>
> Thanks
>
>
> --
> If it works, don't fix it.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=316299
>



0 Likes
Highlighted
ztheil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

🙂
That's really cool!

Very-very special thanks!
(Y)

If it works, don't fix it.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

that is so awsome!

--
"Moldy mildew, mother of mouthmuck, dangle and strangle to death." She
said.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

The readme says:

"Introduction

The NetWare Snake screen saver is a freeware tribute to one of the
lamest screen savers."


🙂

"Wallgames.com" <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote in message
news:UvGDj.2121$9J3.1782@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> ftp://ftp.dreamlan.com/Freeware/nwsnake.zip
>
>
> "ztheil" <ztheil@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> news:ztheil.36fb1z@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>>
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> Do you know if there is a screen saver for win XP which looks like
>> Netware screen saver?
>> It would be great fun. 🙂
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>> --
>> If it works, don't fix it.
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936
>> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=316299
>>

>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

Clearly, they didn't properly appreciate the beauty of the screen saver. In
a dual-CPU configuration, there are two snakes, one red and one blue.
Additionally, the snakes varied in length to reflect CPU activity.

Simple genius.


"Craig" <tech@no-spam.novoco.com> wrote in message
news:6EWDj.2396$9J3.164@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> The readme says:
>
> "Introduction
>
> The NetWare Snake screen saver is a freeware tribute to one of the
> lamest screen savers."
>
>
> 🙂
>
> "Wallgames.com" <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote in message
> news:UvGDj.2121$9J3.1782@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> > ftp://ftp.dreamlan.com/Freeware/nwsnake.zip
> >
> >
> > "ztheil" <ztheil@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> > news:ztheil.36fb1z@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> >>
> >> Hi guys!
> >>
> >> Do you know if there is a screen saver for win XP which looks like
> >> Netware screen saver?
> >> It would be great fun. 🙂
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> If it works, don't fix it.

>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936
> >> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=316299
> >>

> >
> >

>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

But, is it better than Flying Toasters?
"Wallgames.com" <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote in message
news:gbXDj.2409$9J3.1466@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Clearly, they didn't properly appreciate the beauty of the screen saver.
> In
> a dual-CPU configuration, there are two snakes, one red and one blue.
> Additionally, the snakes varied in length to reflect CPU activity.
>
> Simple genius.
>
>
> "Craig" <tech@no-spam.novoco.com> wrote in message
> news:6EWDj.2396$9J3.164@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> The readme says:
>>
>> "Introduction
>>
>> The NetWare Snake screen saver is a freeware tribute to one of the
>> lamest screen savers."
>>
>>
>> 🙂
>>
>> "Wallgames.com" <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote in message
>> news:UvGDj.2121$9J3.1782@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> > ftp://ftp.dreamlan.com/Freeware/nwsnake.zip
>> >
>> >
>> > "ztheil" <ztheil@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
>> > news:ztheil.36fb1z@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>> >>
>> >> Hi guys!
>> >>
>> >> Do you know if there is a screen saver for win XP which looks like
>> >> Netware screen saver?
>> >> It would be great fun. 🙂
>> >>
>> >> Thanks
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> If it works, don't fix it.

>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936
>> >> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=316299
>> >>
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

Man, I had completely forgotten about that one. Dates back to about Windows
95, doesn't it?


"Craig" <tech@no-spam.novoco.com> wrote in message
news:0dYDj.2422$9J3.2347@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> But, is it better than Flying Toasters?
> "Wallgames.com" <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote in message
> news:gbXDj.2409$9J3.1466@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> > Clearly, they didn't properly appreciate the beauty of the screen saver.
> > In
> > a dual-CPU configuration, there are two snakes, one red and one blue.
> > Additionally, the snakes varied in length to reflect CPU activity.
> >
> > Simple genius.
> >
> >
> > "Craig" <tech@no-spam.novoco.com> wrote in message
> > news:6EWDj.2396$9J3.164@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> >> The readme says:
> >>
> >> "Introduction
> >>
> >> The NetWare Snake screen saver is a freeware tribute to one of the
> >> lamest screen savers."
> >>
> >>
> >> 🙂
> >>
> >> "Wallgames.com" <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote in message
> >> news:UvGDj.2121$9J3.1782@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> >> > ftp://ftp.dreamlan.com/Freeware/nwsnake.zip
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "ztheil" <ztheil@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:ztheil.36fb1z@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> >> >>
> >> >> Hi guys!
> >> >>
> >> >> Do you know if there is a screen saver for win XP which looks like
> >> >> Netware screen saver?
> >> >> It would be great fun. 🙂
> >> >>
> >> >> Thanks
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> If it works, don't fix it.
> >>

>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> >> ztheil's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2936
> >> >> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=316299
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

"Wallgames.com" <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote in
news:CKYDj.2428$9J3.1331@kovat.provo.novell.com:

>
> Man, I had completely forgotten about that one. Dates back to about
> Windows 95, doesn't it?


IIRC, the flying toasters came out with Win3.1
I think the business model was something like, hmm, GUI, now we can make
pictures on screen and sell it for $$$.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screensaver
LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_%28software%29
A lawsuit, wait two lawsuits...

--
Ciao, Dave
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware ScreenSaver

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:16:44 +0000, Wallgames.com wrote:

> Clearly, they didn't properly appreciate the beauty of the screen saver.
> In a dual-CPU configuration, there are two snakes, one red and one blue.
> Additionally, the snakes varied in length to reflect CPU activity.


And with four CPUs you get two more colors. I know one is green. Can't
remember what the fourth is.

--
Joe
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.