Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

We have sun, water, wind and nuclear!
"DZanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:gemini.krka1z0002r7j007m.dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Gregg A. Hinchman wrote:
>
>> I did not see Bones -just never got to start with it. Let me guess -they
>> brought up the windmill/dish thing.

>
> A guy in the neighborhood got killed because he annoyed the neighbors so
> much by putting a windmill in his front yard <g>.
>
> Get in line for the lottery buddy - I'm first 🙂
>
> --
> Danita
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Moving GroupWise to Linux?
> http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html



0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

Given the present economic conditions, I'm not that altruistic.

🙂
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

DZanre,
>>
>> It's like a 4x8 panel or something and it uses like a 4" hole in the wall
>> to pass the heated air or something.

>
> When you remember - let me know!
>


Is it this?

http://greenterrafirma.com/solar-air-heating.html

Or maybe it's the ready-made equivalent:

http://www.cansolair.com/features.php



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

DZanre ,
>
> A guy in the neighborhood got killed because he annoyed the neighbors so
> much by putting a windmill in his front yard <g>.
>
> Get in line for the lottery buddy - I'm first 🙂
>


How funny. I saw that episode too, and it's the *only* episode of Bones
that I've seen.

0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

Craig wrote:

> Are you planning on moving soon? The other thing that's important is that
> the lease company basically takes your tax credits and benefits. You
> could own it outright and save some cash.


Well, that depends. Even with the credits it would cost us about $15000 -
that's a lot of cash to put out even to be greener!

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

DougB wrote:

> How funny. I saw that episode too, and it's the *only* episode of Bones
> that I've seen.


Heehee - my husband says they have even better "batware" than CSI <g>

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

DZanre,

> Heehee - my husband says they have even better "batware" than CSI <g>
>


Batware? You mean they all wear utility belts that just happen to have
whatever they need to solve a particular crime? 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

Yes, that's it!

Cansolair

I also saw one in MA as well
sunmatesolarpanels.com

Thanks!
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

DougB wrote:

> Batware? You mean they all wear utility belts that just happen to have
> whatever they need to solve a particular crime? 🙂


Exactly - well, it's more like they have cool stuff back at the "batcave"
that solves everything 🙂

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

kjhurni wrote:

> Given the present economic conditions, I'm not that altruistic.


Yeah me neither - I would be willing to pay $1000 down and then a monthly
payment that is less or close to my current electricity costs though. So
really, the fact that it doesn't "belong" to me might not be so bad if the
other terms of the lease are okay.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

kjhurni,

> Yes, that's it!
>
> Cansolair
>
> I also saw one in MA as well
> sunmatesolarpanels.com
>
> Thanks!
>


My pleasure. I also found a simpler design that was originally
published in "Mother Earth News" way back in 1977.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It-Yourself/1977-09-01/Mothers-Heat-Grabber.aspx

Some enterprising soul should build one of each and find out which one
is more efficient. 🙂

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

dzanre;1873149 wrote:
kjhurni wrote:

> Given the present economic conditions, I'm not that altruistic.


Yeah me neither - I would be willing to pay $1000 down and then a monthly
payment that is less or close to my current electricity costs though. So
really, the fact that it doesn't "belong" to me might not be so bad if the
other terms of the lease are okay.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
Moving GroupWise


Yeah, that may not be bad. Not sure about Colorado, but NY is gonna jack up the electric rates big time.

The state DEC (where I do work at) has a cap and tax thingy that already is charging the electric companies millions (so I know that'll be passed along to us consumers).

National Grid (our main electric supplier) wants people to "conserve" electricity, so they've publicly stated that they're going to request a rather large rate increase.

Plus National Grid is deploying Smart Grid and they're passing that cost to the consumers as well (and you cannot opt out of it), I believe it will ad about $20-40/month onto the average electric bill already.

Soooo, in our neck of the woods, that's about a 50% increase in the next year or two for electricity.

So leasing may be attractive (not sure of all the details).

But I'm pretty sure rates in CO are nowhere near as bad as here.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New Solar Energy options in Colorado

Money is green, dirty paper? HTH
"DZanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:gemini.krkhoz0003734007m.dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>
>> Are you planning on moving soon? The other thing that's important is
>> that
>> the lease company basically takes your tax credits and benefits. You
>> could own it outright and save some cash.

>
> Well, that depends. Even with the credits it would cost us about $15000 -
> that's a lot of cash to put out even to be greener!
>
> --
> Danita
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Moving GroupWise to Linux?
> http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.