Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2377 views

Places to stay in LA

Girls are going to California in June, and need to find a decent place to
stay. They will be going to Disney, Universal, Hollywood. Does anyone know
of inexpensive hotels in the area that are safe and decent?

Thanks.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Time to upgrade to GW8!
http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

I stayed here:

http://www.hollywoodroosevelt.com/index.php?page=hrh

hth


"DZanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:gemini.khi5tf0001uga00be.dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Girls are going to California in June, and need to find a decent place to
> stay. They will be going to Disney, Universal, Hollywood. Does anyone
> know
> of inexpensive hotels in the area that are safe and decent?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Danita
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Time to upgrade to GW8!
> http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html



0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

Craig wrote:

> I stayed here:


Thanks - looks good, but the nights they probably want don't seem to be
available.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Time to upgrade to GW8!
http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

But it's HISTORIC!!!

I have a friend in Pasadena if you want me to ask for the spare
bedroom......

🙂


"DZanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:gemini.khiad400022ys00be.dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>
>> I stayed here:

>
> Thanks - looks good, but the nights they probably want don't seem to be
> available.
>
> --
> Danita
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Time to upgrade to GW8!
> http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html



0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

It's not inexpensive, but it's definitely safe and easy to get to the other
parks from...Disneyland Hotel. Although, with the recent economy, AAA
discounts might make it affordable, and you get into the park an hour
early.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

FYI - I just went to Provo for ATT and used Expedia for the travel
(cheapest of the 4 I checked) and I got some real nice prices, <$1200
for air, hotel, and car for the week.

For $1/day less than a Hertz compact I got a Jeep from Fox. It was a
no frills vehicle, but it was a Jeep.....

Might be worth checking them out....

--
Timothy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

Timothy Leerhoff wrote:

> Might be worth checking them out....


Oh yeah - we plan on using either Expedia or Travelocity, but I just want
recommendations of good places, bad places, absolutely don't stay there
places, etc. 🙂

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Time to upgrade to GW8!
http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

DZanre wrote:
> Timothy Leerhoff wrote:
>
>> Might be worth checking them out....

>
> Oh yeah - we plan on using either Expedia or Travelocity, but I just want
> recommendations of good places, bad places, absolutely don't stay there
> places, etc. 🙂
>


I'd say any of the hotels in the Disneyland area are safe. I have stayed
at all the Disneyland hotels, and I highly recommend them. My fav is the
Grand Californian, but it's pricey, but very nice. The disneyland Hotel
is in the middle range, you'll get the best deal at the Disney Paradise
Pier Hotel. Any descent hotel in the Hollywood area will be pricey. Stay
away from downtown LA, it's coming up, but it's still "downtown". The
problem is, Disneyland is not near Hollywood/Universal, so if you stay
in one area, it's a 30 to 45 minute drive to the other area. BTW,
Hollywood isn't really all it's cracked up to be, about a 1/2 day
adventure. I say do Hollywood for 1/2 a day, then drive the famous
Sunset Blvd. down to the beach, turn left at PCH and enjoy the Santa
Monica Pier. Plan at least 1 day for each park. Disneyland is actually 2
parks now, so maybe 2 days for that. If you flying into LAX there are
plenty of big hotels on Century Blvd. right next to the airport. That
might make a good based camp for you adventures. I live in this area L.A.

Just my 2 cents as a native Los Angeleno
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

Mr. Beer wrote:

> If you flying into LAX there are
> plenty of big hotels on Century Blvd. right next to the airport.


They are actually driving. They are doing a day in LV on the way, going to
a friend's beach house in Pismo, Santa Barbara, LA, San Diego, and then
meeting up with us in Calsbad Caverns at the end 🙂

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Time to upgrade to GW8!
http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

DZanre wrote:
> Mr. Beer wrote:
>
>> If you flying into LAX there are
>> plenty of big hotels on Century Blvd. right next to the airport.

>
> They are actually driving. They are doing a day in LV on the way, going to
> a friend's beach house in Pismo, Santa Barbara, LA, San Diego, and then
> meeting up with us in Calsbad Caverns at the end 🙂
>


Wow, that is gonna be one fun road trip. The California Coast is
beautiful this time of year.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

Mr. Beer wrote:

> Wow, that is gonna be one fun road trip. The California Coast is beautiful
> this time of year.


Well, they are going end of May/early June. We'll end up at Carlsbad
Caverns around the 17th of June. Our foreign exchange student goes back to
Italy on the 25 😞 It will be the last "family trip" at the end of her
stay. My daughters are doing the California trip as Dominique's graduation
fling 🙂

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Time to upgrade to GW8!
http://www.caledonia.net/gw8upg.html
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Places to stay in LA

Having actually worked at the park, I agree, it can be a 2 day event just
for the original park.

And yep, Hollywood isn't what people think it is. They'd have much more
fun on the Santa Monica pier - and find a good seafood place there. Most
of them are good and it's really fresh. I wouldn't waste even 1/2 day in
Hollywood. Last time I took someone through he said "this is IT!??", and
asked me to take him back to Balboa Island. That's a great place to visit
too...lots of traffic, but nice beaches.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.