dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Craig wrote:

> Go to 4 or 5 if you have them.


I use Astaro for the overall network. I also use Little Snitch on my Mac. None
of my other users (family) will use an add-on firewall on their computers, so
the Astaro firewall is very important for me!

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
adrockk Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Lance Reynolds wrote:

> Do you use the appliance or your own hardware? Looks to me like the
> better deal is to use the appliance so you're not licensed by ip
> addresses.
>
> Lance


I use their software version, running on a Dell PE 2950, but with an
unlimited conncurrent connection license. Their appliances all have
concurrent connection limitations just like the software.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Checkpoint
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Like it?
"GofBorg" <GofBorg@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote in message
news:rcoun.16962$yE3.9250@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Checkpoint



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

> Like it?
Looooovvvvvveeeee it!
Been using it since 1996.
It's come a long way since then in features, but still
retains all of the goodness that made it great.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Configured a few SSG 20s, didn't really like them as far as setup goes.
The GUI was clunky and the command line was unintuitive. As far as
security, no one has gotten through them yet.

Much prefer the Cisco ASAs, but then again I've been working with them
for a lot longer (PIXs before that).

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new SSG range
from Juniper, they look interesting.

A.

On 01/04/2010 23:00, Craig wrote:
> No thoughts on Juniper?
> "Craig"<elrushbo@eib.net> wrote in message
> news:tt6tn.15729$yE3.14706@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> Who is #1, 2, 3 in your estimation?
>>
>> Go to 4 or 5 if you have them.
>>
>> 🙂
>>
>>
>>

>
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Andy Betts wrote:

> I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new SSG range
> from Juniper, they look interesting.


That should be SRX range, not SSG....
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Me too. Juniper seems hopeful!
"AndyBetts" <andy@infinitelypointless.com> wrote in message
news:_XDxn.20436$yE3.13468@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Andy Betts wrote:
>
>> I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new SSG range
>> from Juniper, they look interesting.

>
> That should be SRX range, not SSG....



0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Considering how long you've been gone from here, you're allowed a minor
misspelling of an acronym. Hi, Andy. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules

http://www.ncci.org
http://ncci.blogspot.com

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

We've just moved all our network core routing over to Juniper MX240s
away from the Cisco 7100s. The Juniper kit is half the price of the
Cisco kit and the performance from what we can see is better.

On 16/04/2010 22:52, Craig wrote:
> Me too. Juniper seems hopeful!
> "AndyBetts"<andy@infinitelypointless.com> wrote in message
> news:_XDxn.20436$yE3.13468@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> Andy Betts wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new SSG range
>>> from Juniper, they look interesting.

>>
>> That should be SRX range, not SSG....

>
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Hi Susan

Yep, it has been rather a long time hasn't it 🙂

Been an interesting few years, but things are settling down again and
I've started having some involvement with Novell products once more. I
was here looking for support on another product and thought I'd stop by
and see what's happening 🙂

A.

On 17/04/2010 21:00, Susan wrote:
> Considering how long you've been gone from here, you're allowed a minor
> misspelling of an acronym. Hi, Andy. : )
>


0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

That all sounds like good news. Nice to see you here again. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules

http://www.ncci.org
http://ncci.blogspot.com

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

Craig wrote:

> No thoughts on Juniper?


Not bad especially if you let it dry for a year or so first - then it burns
quite hotly and that is what you want in a good firewall. But to really make
it hot combine your Juniper with some Crisco 🙂

Ron
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rank your firewalls

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 02:14 +0000, Ron Neilly wrote:
> Craig wrote:
>
> > No thoughts on Juniper?

>
> Not bad especially if you let it dry for a year or so first - then it burns
> quite hotly and that is what you want in a good firewall. But to really make
> it hot combine your Juniper with some Crisco 🙂


Crisco or Cisco?
🙂


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.