Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1112 views

Re: A blast from the past

Brent Wolfe wrote:

> Gee, weren't those the tapes that got destroyed when the records room
> fire sprinklers tripped three years ago???? I could have sworn that
> they were........
>
> ;-}


LOL, unfortunatly in the state of Victoria they apparently have
document destruction laws which would see us in jail for destroying
documents by negligence.


--

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: A blast from the past

The laws may be there, but they'd never take you to court; I can see it
now...

Your Attorney: Your honor, since my client is being charged with willful
destruction of records through negligence, we move to see all your records
for the last 5 years, as well as those of the legislature, the prosecuting
attorney and the police department for the same period to prove that this
"negligence" is actually systemic and endimic.

Courtroom: <stunned silence>

Judge: Never mind, case dismissed........

;-}

--
Brent

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"


"Blinky Bill" <koala@gumtree.com.au> wrote in message
news:zQiei.166$on5.78@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Brent Wolfe wrote:
>
>> Gee, weren't those the tapes that got destroyed when the records room
>> fire sprinklers tripped three years ago???? I could have sworn that
>> they were........
>>
>> ;-}

>
> LOL, unfortunatly in the state of Victoria they apparently have
> document destruction laws which would see us in jail for destroying
> documents by negligence.
>
>
> --
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: A blast from the past



Yeah but TPTB are worried and are expecting us to work miracles.


My boss has 60 DLT 20/40 tapes. This is going to be a very very long
excercise.

Going to cost a pretty penny too.
--

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: A blast from the past

Sheesh, hope you've cleared your schedule for the next six weeks.........

--
Brent

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"


"Blinky Bill" <koala@gumtree.com.au> wrote in message
news:Jytei.333$on5.218@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>
>
> Yeah but TPTB are worried and are expecting us to work miracles.
>
>
> My boss has 60 DLT 20/40 tapes. This is going to be a very very long
> excercise.
>
> Going to cost a pretty penny too.
> --
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: A blast from the past

Brent Wolfe wrote:

> Sheesh, hope you've cleared your schedule for the next six
> weeks.........


Nah, outsource, make some other unlucky person do it.

--

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: A blast from the past

Well, at least you'll get a chuckle from TPTB's facial expression when he
gets the bill for that......

--
Brent

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"


"Blinky Bill" <koala@gumtree.com.au> wrote in message
news:b6uei.353$on5.277@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Brent Wolfe wrote:
>
>> Sheesh, hope you've cleared your schedule for the next six
>> weeks.........

>
> Nah, outsource, make some other unlucky person do it.
>
> --
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: A blast from the past

Brent Wolfe wrote:

> Well, at least you'll get a chuckle from TPTB's facial expression
> when he gets the bill for that......


Yeah, the face is getting better every day.

--

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.