Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2119 views

Where the heck ...?

Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive? A "someone" from Olde Jobbe was less
than satisfied with my former manager's response of "tough luck" and
came to me.

--
Lindsey
Using Xananews 1.19.1.194
Labels (1)
0 Likes
32 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

ebay?

--

Stevo
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

Stevo said something like:

> ebay?


One of those deals where the shipping will be more than the item I am
sure. -g-

--
Lindsey
Using Xananews 1.19.1.194
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

Lindsey Johnstone apparently said:

> One of those deals where the shipping will be more than the item I am
> sure. -g-


Oh *that's* a given. <G>

--

Stevo
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

Try contacting someone in a public school or college. They tend to hang
on to really old computer equipment and only throw stuff out when
storage space runs out for more recently outdated hardware. No kidding.

Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
> Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive? A "someone" from Olde Jobbe was less
> than satisfied with my former manager's response of "tough luck" and
> came to me.
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

dan c. said something like:

> Try contacting someone in a public school or college. They tend to
> hang on to really old computer equipment and only throw stuff out
> when storage space runs out for more recently outdated hardware. No
> kidding.
>
> Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
> > Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive? A "someone" from Olde Jobbe was less
> > than satisfied with my former manager's response of "tough luck" and
> > came to me.
> >


We used to have one unit that we kept next door for records retention
purposes, but as I am no longer there ...

--
Lindsey
Using Xananews 1.19.1.194
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

I've got some old 5.25's laying around, but I have no idea if they're any
good or not...
Let me check a couple tomorrow and I'll let you know if they would be any
help. Now, do I have any five-by floppies.......



"Lindsey Johnstone" <ljohnstoneno@spammyrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:mSu5m.2184$r8.922@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> dan c. said something like:
>
>> Try contacting someone in a public school or college. They tend to
>> hang on to really old computer equipment and only throw stuff out
>> when storage space runs out for more recently outdated hardware. No
>> kidding.
>>
>> Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
>> > Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive? A "someone" from Olde Jobbe was less
>> > than satisfied with my former manager's response of "tough luck" and
>> > came to me.
>> >

>
> We used to have one unit that we kept next door for records retention
> purposes, but as I am no longer there ...
>
> --
> Lindsey
> Using Xananews 1.19.1.194


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
> Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive? A "someone" from Olde Jobbe was less
> than satisfied with my former manager's response of "tough luck" and
> came to me.


I have an old 486 in my storage room (aka "the junk pile" with a 1.2mb
drive in it, just in case I ever need it. I can't figure any way to
mount it via usb, or I would do that and junk the 486 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Where the heck ...?

Hey Lindsey Johnstone:

>Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive?


The right question is "Why does someone need a 5.25 floppy drive?"


--
Kim (7/10/2009 8:01:21 AM Mountain)
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

kgroneman wrote:
> Hey Lindsey Johnstone:
>
>> Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive?

>
> The right question is "Why does someone need a 5.25 floppy drive?"


To read 5.25 floppy disks?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

kgroneman said something like:

> Hey Lindsey Johnstone:
>
> > Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive?

>
> The right question is "Why does someone need a 5.25 floppy drive?"


Because his wife typed up and stored some of her recipes way back when
and would like them now. -g-

--
Lindsey
Using Xananews 1.19.1.194
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

Lindsey Johnstone,

> Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive? A "someone" from Olde Jobbe was less
> than satisfied with my former manager's response of "tough luck" and
> came to me.
>


Until about a month ago I'd have been able to say "I have one!" Alas, I
did some major housecleaning so all my obsolete computer stuff is gone.
I don't think I even kept any 3.5" floppy drives.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

DougB said something like:

> Lindsey Johnstone,
>
> > Do I find a 5.25 floppy drive? A "someone" from Olde Jobbe was less
> > than satisfied with my former manager's response of "tough luck" and
> > came to me.
> >

>
> Until about a month ago I'd have been able to say "I have one!"
> Alas, I did some major housecleaning so all my obsolete computer
> stuff is gone. I don't think I even kept any 3.5" floppy drives.


I knowed whatcha mean. My colleagues thought I was silly for keeping a
PC with a 3.5 floppy drive, that is until we really needed one fast.-g-

--
Lindsey
Using Xananews 1.19.1.194
0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Where the heck ...?

Hey Lindsey Johnstone:

>Because his wife typed up and stored some of her recipes way back when
>and would like them now.


http://allrecipes.com

Tell them to expand their horizons. 🙂

--
Kim (7/10/2009 8:58:24 AM Mountain)
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where the heck ...?

Lindsey I have 2.

Looks like eBay has a number of them

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=5.25%22+floppy+drive&_sacat=See-
All-Categories


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.