Highlighted
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Why forums.novell.com page isn't working in Chrome

Why is it that I can only using links to these forums in IE? My default is Chrome, and whenever I try to access a forum page (from Google search or forum notification email link), I always get this page:
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Why forums.novell.com page isn't working in Chrome

bkeadle;2451138 wrote:
Why is it that I can only using links to these forums in IE? My default is Chrome, and whenever I try to access a forum page (from Google search or forum notification email link), I always get this page:

You are not alone...

There are a couple of things to try:

• Make sure you have logged into the forums from Google Chrome before clicking on any links.
  • Try clearing your cache and/or deleting cookies from Novell and Micro Focus.

There is another possibility that wouldn't apply if you can reach the page from IE:
Over the years the forums have changes and links in old threads may no longer be valid.

Your feedback is appreciated. For future reference and to ensure that those who maintain the website are made aware, please provide your feedback here.
Forum: Feedback / Sound Off / Soapbox
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pre-logging into the forums in Chrome seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

That's weird...what's up with that?!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

bkeadle;2451143 wrote:
Pre-logging into the forums in Chrome seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

That's weird...what's up with that?!

Honestly, I don't know.

I will pass on that information to the Micro Focus folks who look after the website. Maybe they can find something.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great. Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.