Highlighted
p_borchert Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Win10 no tree

Hello to anybody,

some time ago I installed win10 on a computer with XP. I can boot both. Now I want to add a Novell client. I tried some clients, but all I tried, did not show a tree. The last client I tried is the client for Win7.

So I looked what happens on the wire:

With XP there are two calls:
"NDAP NOVELL"
"NDAP NOVELL ///"

With win10 there are 5 calls using different source-ports. One of them:
"ndap novell DEFAULT"

With XP I get the tree and can login. With Win10 there is no tree displayed and no login. On the wire there is no answer fron the Server. I think the part "DEFAULT" is the problem. But I did not find a configuration to get the same question like XP. The Server runs with Netware 5.

Greeting Peter
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Win10 no tree

Hello again,

here are the sniffer-results.

With XP there are two calls:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With win10:

Greetings Peter
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

p_borchert;2450785 wrote:
Hello to anybody,
Greeting Peter

Hello Peter and welcome to the Micro Focus forums.

Micro Focus has a wide portfolio of products and has dedicated certain forums to support specific products. You will find that the volunteers who provide support tend to frequent the forums where they have the necessary expertise to help.

There are a couple of forums for the Novell Client or, as it is now called, the Micro Focus Client for Open Enterprise Server. Since you are using Windows, please ask your question in the OES: Client - Windows[/URL] forum, where you will be much more likely to find the help you need.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello Kevin,

thank you for your help. It's the first time i ask for Help in this forum and it seemed to be the best fit. I found the forum you told me and I'll ask my question over there.

Greetings Peter
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

p_borchert;2450790 wrote:
Hello Kevin,

I found the forum you told me and I'll ask my question over there.

Greetings Peter

If anyone would like to follow this thread or contribute, you may do so here:
Win10 no tree
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.