Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1918 views

Yikes!

A co-worker (vpn's in from Casper) apparently slipped on the ice last
night & fractured his skull. Still in the hospital, and basically fine
for now, but that's all I've heard.


Labels (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

> A co-worker (vpn's in from Casper) apparently slipped on the ice last
> night & fractured his skull. Still in the hospital, and basically fine
> for now, but that's all I've heard.


Ouch. I bet it made that melon sound.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

I was thinking at least the evil spirits have been released...if you believe
in trepanation.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trepanation



"G of Borg" <G@collectiveAB1.com> wrote in message
news:h3tjj.20693$k06.3888@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> A co-worker (vpn's in from Casper) apparently slipped on the ice last
>> night & fractured his skull. Still in the hospital, and basically fine
>> for now, but that's all I've heard.

>
> Ouch. I bet it made that melon sound.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Stevo wrote:

> slipped on the ice


yikes - it's been SOOOOOOOO cold here - probably colder up there for you -
but even here in Parker it's only 9F right now. I put two trash bins and
one recycling bin out, and had to come in to warm up before I can put the
other recycling bins out. Too cold <brrrrr> - and in front of our house is
just an ice slick, so I have to be doubly careful too. I don't want anyone
to have to post a message about me slipping on the ice 😞


--
Danita
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Danitaz scribbled something like:

> yikes - it's been SOOOOOOOO cold here - probably colder up there for
> you - but even here in Parker it's only 9F right now. I put two
> trash bins and one recycling bin out, and had to come in to warm up
> before I can put the other recycling bins out. Too cold <brrrrr> -
> and in front of our house is just an ice slick, so I have to be
> doubly careful too. I don't want anyone to have to post a message
> about me slipping on the ice 😞


No kidding. Weather here's supposed to be **** thru monday. Snow &
wind (25-40 mph) today, tonight, snow & cold tomorrow thru monday.

YUK!
0 Likes
naomi371 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Where are you, Steve?

When I'm feelin' chilly, I check the weather at Resolute, Nunavut.
Windchill of -61F today.

Danita, you be *careful*! We don't want you to post a crash, either!

"Stevo" <steveSPAM@LESSccgov.net> wrote in message
news:ScKjj.21085$k06.20285@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Danitaz scribbled something like:
>
>> yikes - it's been SOOOOOOOO cold here - probably colder up there for
>> you - but even here in Parker it's only 9F right now. I put two
>> trash bins and one recycling bin out, and had to come in to warm up
>> before I can put the other recycling bins out. Too cold <brrrrr> -
>> and in front of our house is just an ice slick, so I have to be
>> doubly careful too. I don't want anyone to have to post a message
>> about me slipping on the ice 😞

>
> No kidding. Weather here's supposed to be **** thru monday. Snow &
> wind (25-40 mph) today, tonight, snow & cold tomorrow thru monday.
>
> YUK!



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Mary Wood scribbled something like:

> Where are you, Steve?


Gillette, WY, USA

> When I'm feelin' chilly, I check the weather at Resolute, Nunavut.
> Windchill of -61F today.


Yuk! Guess that's worse than the projected -5 to -20 wind chills today
through tonight.
0 Likes
naomi371 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

I remember one time when I was a kid (living north of here a ways), air
temperatures got so cold that people's heating oil froze in their outdoor
tanks. I imagine you've had days like that in your neck of the woods.

"Stevo" <steveSPAM@LESSccgov.net> wrote in message
news:KPKjj.21121$k06.1499@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Mary Wood scribbled something like:
>
>> Where are you, Steve?

>
> Gillette, WY, USA
>
>> When I'm feelin' chilly, I check the weather at Resolute, Nunavut.
>> Windchill of -61F today.

>
> Yuk! Guess that's worse than the projected -5 to -20 wind chills today
> through tonight.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Mary Wood scribbled something like:

> I remember one time when I was a kid (living north of here a ways),
> air temperatures got so cold that people's heating oil froze in their
> outdoor tanks. I imagine you've had days like that in your neck of
> the woods.


I can't remember it getting *that* cold.
0 Likes
naomi371 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

What are some of your local terms for really cold, really really cold,
really freakin' painful cold, and so on?

All I can think of that we use are "booger freezing cold" and "the cold
where you keep your legs straight so your pants don't touch them."

Felton? Do the Yup'ik have many different words for cold?

"Stevo" <steveSPAM@LESSccgov.net> wrote in message
news:S3Ljj.21132$k06.14243@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Mary Wood scribbled something like:
>
>> I remember one time when I was a kid (living north of here a ways),
>> air temperatures got so cold that people's heating oil froze in their
>> outdoor tanks. I imagine you've had days like that in your neck of
>> the woods.

>
> I can't remember it getting *that* cold.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Mary Wood scribbled something like:

> What are some of your local terms for really cold, really really
> cold, really freakin' painful cold, and so on?


Only ones we have involve cussin a blue streak. <G>
0 Likes
naomi371 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Hey, looks like we're going to have blue-streak cold hereabouts, too:

"Wind chill advisory in effect from midnight Friday night to 6 am cst
Sunday...the combination of very cold air temperatures, and winds of 10 mph
or greater, will create hazardous wind chill values of between 20 below to
34 below zero..."

Sounds as if Friday would be a good day to pick up plenty of provisions and
comedy videos, so nobody has to go out until Monday.

I always feel sorry for wild animals and other outdoor critters when it gets
like this.... <hunting cap on> sometimes so sorry I have to go out in the
fall and shoot some so they're spared the ordeal. <hunting cap off, freezer
stocked>

"Stevo" <steveSPAM@LESSccgov.net> wrote in message
news:htMjj.21202$k06.10527@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Mary Wood scribbled something like:
>
>> What are some of your local terms for really cold, really really
>> cold, really freakin' painful cold, and so on?

>
> Only ones we have involve cussin a blue streak. <G>



0 Likes
naomi371 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

"Gillette, Wyoming" is tickling my brain. I wonder if it's one of the
places my Dad wanted to move us when I was younger...or is there good
elk/mule deer/bear hunting there? Anyway, in search of clues, I went to the
city's official website, where there is a video of a man delivering a very
important civic message. Is that you?

"Stevo" <steveSPAM@LESSccgov.net> wrote in message
news:KPKjj.21121$k06.1499@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Mary Wood scribbled something like:
>
>> Where are you, Steve?

>
> Gillette, WY, USA
>
>> When I'm feelin' chilly, I check the weather at Resolute, Nunavut.
>> Windchill of -61F today.

>
> Yuk! Guess that's worse than the projected -5 to -20 wind chills today
> through tonight.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Mary Wood wrote:
> "Gillette, Wyoming" is tickling my brain.


No.. That would be the thought of my pretty face 🙂
--
Romey

Quote: “Not now chief... I'm in the zone!!!!”
0 Likes
naomi371 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Yikes!

Oooo, that IS ticklish. %}

"Jay Calderwood" <jeromecalderwood@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:B7Pjj.21347$k06.345@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Mary Wood wrote:
>> "Gillette, Wyoming" is tickling my brain.

>
> No.. That would be the thought of my pretty face 🙂
> --
> Romey
>
> Quote: “Not now chief... I'm in the zone!!!!”



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.