Highlighted
francis77 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

ZenWorks 2017 Update3 patch exclusion

How do we exclude a particular device from a patching policy when this device is part of a group that requires to be patched monthly.

Thanks,

Francis
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZenWorks 2017 Update3 patch exclusion

francis77;2493265 wrote:
How do we exclude a particular device from a patching policy when this device is part of a group that requires to be patched monthly.

Thanks,

Francis

Hi,
there is a specific forum for ZENworks questions: https://forums.novell.com/forumdisplay.php/1795-ZCM-Patch-Management

Have you tried setting Requirement on the policy to exclude the "Specified Devices"?

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-3/zen_pm_administration/data/t41m7mwnf5v1.html

Thomas
0 Likes
francis77 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to Zenworks and not sure about the process.

I have now listed the specified device under Requirements with the following conditions "No" and am hoping this setting will bypass this device for the patch policy. Please advise if this is coorect, thanks again.

Regards,

Francis
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

francis77;2493305 wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to Zenworks and not sure about the process.

I have now listed the specified device under Requirements with the following conditions "No" and am hoping this setting will bypass this device for the patch policy. Please advise if this is coorect, thanks again.

Regards,

Francis

That should do it.

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.