jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1297 views

iPhone insecurity

Got your iPhone all up-to-date with the latest patches? Didn't jailbreak
it? Created a PIN to lock the device down?

Doesn't matter, anyone with Ubuntu can still access your data.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/iphone-vulnerability-leaves-your-data-wide-open-even-when-using/

Way to go Apple!



--
Joe
With great power comes great responsibility.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
Labels (1)
0 Likes
13 Replies
grimlock1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

On 5/27/2010 8:06 AM, Joseph Marton wrote:
> Got your iPhone all up-to-date with the latest patches? Didn't jailbreak
> it? Created a PIN to lock the device down?
>
> Doesn't matter, anyone with Ubuntu can still access your data.
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/iphone-vulnerability-leaves-your-data-wide-open-even-when-using/
>


You can hardly blame Apple for this.. Ubuntu is amazing, it can do
anything.. (Or so I'm told by the U fan boys)

0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

On Thu, 27 May 2010 13:41:06 +0000, Patrick Farrell wrote:

> You can hardly blame Apple for this.. Ubuntu is amazing, it can do
> anything.. (Or so I'm told by the U fan boys)


Not even Apple can withstand the mighty power of Ubuntu!



--
Joe
With great power comes great responsibility.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

Joseph Marton wrote:

> Doesn't matter, anyone with Ubuntu can still access your data.


Well, they do have to have physical access to it! So that means you need
Novell's DataSynchronizer Mobility Pack so you can have it wiped when you lose
it - heehee.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
grimlock1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

On 5/27/2010 8:55 AM, Joseph Marton wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2010 13:41:06 +0000, Patrick Farrell wrote:
>
>> You can hardly blame Apple for this.. Ubuntu is amazing, it can do
>> anything.. (Or so I'm told by the U fan boys)

>
> Not even Apple can withstand the mighty power of Ubuntu!
>


So if the iPhone is the "Jesusphone". does that make Ubuntu the
Antichrist OS? <ducks>
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:24:11 +0000, Patrick Farrell wrote:

> <ducks>


Anyone wanna place bets on how long until the post is nuked and Patrick
is thwacked? 🙂



--
Joe
With great power comes great responsibility.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
grimlock1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

On 5/27/2010 9:50 AM, Joseph Marton wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:24:11 +0000, Patrick Farrell wrote:
>
>> <ducks>

>
> Anyone wanna place bets on how long until the post is nuked and Patrick
> is thwacked? 🙂


Meh.. I didn't make up the term "Jesusphone" it's a common term for the
iPhone often quoted on blogs and posts. I was just making some fun of
that nickname.

0 Likes
adrockk Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: iPhone insecurity

DZanre wrote:

> Well, they do have to have physical access to it! So that means you
> need Novell's DataSynchronizer Mobility Pack so you can have it wiped
> when you lose it - heehee.


iPhone users are known for their propensity to leave their devices in
pubs.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

it's good practice to lock your smartphone in a secure closet.
"DZanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:mpro.l3317y0002w1b01sr.dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Joseph Marton wrote:
>
>> Doesn't matter, anyone with Ubuntu can still access your data.

>
> Well, they do have to have physical access to it! So that means you need
> Novell's DataSynchronizer Mobility Pack so you can have it wiped when you
> lose
> it - heehee.
>
> --
> Danita
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Moving GroupWise to Linux?
> http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html



0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

You're fine, Patrick. I occasionally read blogs, too. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

On Fri, 28 May 2010 03:41:31 +0000, Susan wrote:

> You're fine, Patrick. I occasionally read blogs, too. : )


Darn, I was looking forward to a good thwacking. 😞



--
Joe
With great power comes great responsibility.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
grimlock1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

On 5/28/2010 7:00 AM, Joseph Marton wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 03:41:31 +0000, Susan wrote:
>
>> You're fine, Patrick. I occasionally read blogs, too. : )

>
> Darn, I was looking forward to a good thwacking. 😞


I have a private session schedule for later 😉

0 Likes
adrockk Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: iPhone insecurity

Joseph Marton wrote:

> Darn, I was looking forward to a good thwacking. 😞


Thanks for the mental picture. >:-o

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPhone insecurity

Patrick Farrell wrote:
> On 5/28/2010 7:00 AM, Joseph Marton wrote:
> I have a private session schedule for later 😉
>

TMI.

Brad
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.