PAM: Checkout of a different credential by the same user returns an already checked out credential.

Idea ID 2814060

PAM: Checkout of a different credential by the same user returns an already checked out credential.

PAM core design is to allow users to checkout only one credential per resource but we would like to have it that a user can check out multiple credentials per each resource.

Also we would like to be able to view the list of credentials which are available for check out.

4 Comments
New Member.

Very good idea

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Life is sometimes a bit complex. Yes I like the idea very much!

Frequent Visitor.

Very good idea. Should be implemented fast! Get update done!

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I was pointed here through a support request, and this idea is close enough for me to add on to it:

My scenario requires me to assign specific credentials to specific framework users.

The goal is to enforce credential checkouts for Active Directory admin accounts through PAM, so we can make sure passwords are randomized upon check-in.

Unfortunately, all of these admin accounts belong specific people due to different requirements in privileges. That is why I can not simply adjust the privileges of these accounts so they end up interchangeable.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.