prasenjitmass Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Can report of command control be send to specific email id

Hi,
We are using PAM 3.2 in RedHat platform. Can we configure SMTP in PAM such a way that Command control report can be send to specific email id ?
In PAM server I've found SMTP setting option in packages "msgagnt" component,
Clicked SMTP Settings in the task pane.
Configured the following fields:
SMTP HOST:
SMTP PORT:
SMTP DOMAIN:

Can we send Report through email ? What I've to do more ?
Please help

Thank you
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can report of command control be send to specific email

Typically the to/from configurations are set elsewhere in PAM as it may depend on the type of notification. But this "msgagnt" component is used as the service in PAM to send these sorts of automated email messages.

I'm not sure what you mean by sending email of Command control report, as I don't see any way in PAM to configure this sort of behavior from the Reporting Console. In the Reporting Console, you can "Export Report" and use the .csv from there as you need.

The "msgagnt" can be used in perl scripts throughout PAM, which can be applied to CmdCtrl rules, Compliance Auditor, Framework User SignOn Scripts, etc.

What sort of behavior are you after? There is no "Send Email" feature in PAM when it comes to the Keystroke Report found in the Command Control Reporting Console. If this is something you'd like to see in PAM, please write it up in our Idea Portal for our Community and Product Management: https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/pam.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.