Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Configure Application SSO to automatically sign in to a web application

Jump to solution

Using Application SSO, I need to save an application credentials (username and password) somewhere, so that a PAM user will be logged in directly to the application after launching the RDP file from the PAM access console.

I was trying to test this functionality on facebook, so here is what I have done so far:

1- created a resource for the application in the credential vault

2- added a credential (my facebook username and password) for this resource

3- created a new rule

The problem is when I launch the RDP file, facebook opens successfully but it does not login automatically although I have provided my credentials in the vault.

How can I do that ?

Any suggestion would be appreciated ! Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Configure Application SSO to automatically sign in to a web application

Jump to solution

ApplicationSSO is using a Secure Login instance.  So you need to define a Secure Login definition to do the Facebook login.  Then that can be used for that final step.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

ApplicationSSO is using a Secure Login instance.  So you need to define a Secure Login definition to do the Facebook login.  Then that can be used for that final step.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Alright geoffc, it seems I have missed this part.

Is installing the SSL Certificate a must ?

Since according to the documentation, securing the communication between the Application SSO  agent and PAM manager has been mentioned.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

There are two very important sections in documentation that relate to AppSSO and I strongly recommend reviewing carefully to ensure things are configured as documented. Anything mentioned in documentation is an important pre-requisite.

Install Guide - Configuring Application Single Sign-On:
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/privileged-account-manager-36/npam_install/data/t46kxgzdq2lh.html

Admin Guide - Application SSO:
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/privileged-account-manager-36/npam_admin/data/t46p7xw1ox1d.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

You're right tdharris, I followed these 2 sections thoroughly and everything in AppSSO worked good so far except this feature "automatic login to a web application". 

The web application in my case is Vmware ESXi, and I want to perform SSO locally (https://192.168.1.40 for example). Do I have to install ESXi certificate on PAM SSO agent also ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I think VMWare ESXi WebApp script isn't bundled, so a proper Secure Login SSO script would need to be created for this to work. It should be possible, but might take some work to create it. I haven't seen a sample for that ESXi page yet, would be good if anyone does get an SSO script working for it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.