frankabhinav Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Configure Email server for sending mail

I'm using PAM3.1 installed on linux server.
Im trying to send email notification to client through no-reply@gmail.com. Bot showing below error inside log

Fri Nov 03 16:50:31 2017, 28, 3593377536, 6075, Warning, Failed to send report: 500 Failed to send message
Fri Nov 03 16:50:31 2017, 28, 3593377536, 6075, Info, cmdctrl testReport client:localhost user:admin@pam(192.168.1.92) rc:0 status
:0 (10265ms)

I have followed following steps.
SMTP settings:
1 On the home page of the console, click Hosts.
2 Select the host where the Compliance Auditor and Messaging Component are installed.
3 Click Packages to view details of the packages installed on this host.
4 Select the Messaging Component (msgagnt).
5 Click SMTP Settings in the task pane.
6 Configured the following fields:
SMTP Host:smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Domain:.gmail.com

Email configuration
1. Command Control.-->Reports icon
2. Entered following fields
Email To field,Email From,Email Subject
3.select the Send email check box.
4.Clicked Test Report to view the report that will be sent to the defined e-mail address.

I dont know where i have to enter the password for no-reply@gmail.com or what I'm missing

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Configure Email server for sending mail

The current implementation of msgagnt smtp with PAM is with what is expected to be an internal unauthenticated smtp relay server. I don't think it's currently possible to add smtp credentials to this msgagnt like there should be. Would you please take this enhancement to the PAM Idea Portal and write up this need there? This gets visibility directly from Product Management and will help drive this need to be implemented into PAM.
0 Likes
frankabhinav Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Do i have to install smtp relay server on my linux server/window server for sending mail.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, PAM relies on an unauthenticated smtp relay for now, but please voice this need of being able to configure PAM to use credential/authentication in msgagnt smtp, as I think it will be picked up and planned for a future release. https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/pam .. If you could voice this need there, then post back a link in this forum, that would be great! For now, I would configure some internal smtp server (i.e. postfix) to relay off the gmail on you have mentioned, then allow connections from the internal network only. PAM can then be configured to use this internal smtp server in the msgagnt package.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.