edbarrag Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error message in unifid.log

Hello,

An agent has been removed from the npam manager because the server was shut down, after a few months the server was turned on again, now in the unifid.log the following errors are shown:

-Error, No service registration record for npam-agent: uIspj9LjTfQu88ell7l78rzsljY = <10.0.1.120>
-Info, registry svcRegister client: npam-agent rc: 0 status: 500 (Unauthorized service registration) (1ms)

Obviously the error is derived to the npam service continues running on the server, the possible solutions is to uninstall the agent on the server so that the error in the unifid.log is no longer displayed.

Because the server is not accessible and the server does not require the npam agent, is there a method for the error messages shown in the unifid.log to no longer be displayed? because it is no longer in the hosts section of the console.

I appreciate the support. Greetings.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Error message in unifid.log

It might be easiest to just add an iptables rule that blocks anything
going to the PUM/PAM sockets from this particular source address.
Assuming the IP address is 10.0.1.120, something like this would do the
trick, though keep in mind this is not a persistent (across reboots, or
other firewall "restarts") change, so depending on your system you would
need to make it persistent:

iptables -I INPUT -m tcp -p tcp -s 10.0.1.120 -j REJECT --reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
edbarrag Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It's a very good trick and it works, I appreciate the support. :cool:

On the side of the NPAM console, is there an alternative?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is nothing in the PAM Console to block Agents from communicating with their managers. The installed Agent will continue to attempt to contact the Manager, which will report that there is no service registration record available for that Agent. In order to manage this, communication must not reach the Manager from that Agent. Since the Agent server is "not accessible," then sadly it can't be uninstalled I suppose (i.e. Removing the Agent Components), correct? If uninstalling the Agent on that server is not possible, then the suggestion provided by ab is good, as it would prevent the request from reaching the PAM Manager application. If you wanted to just block incoming traffic from that ip address via tcp port 29120 to the manager server, that would do the trick as well. Or block outgoing traffic from that Agent server on tcp port 29120 somewhere in the network infrastructure.
0 Likes
edbarrag Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very much, I will apply the solution of ab. Thank you both for the support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.