Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

How to remove the reading from FIPS?

I have two consoles and both update them to version 3.6 on November 14, however in one I see the reading of FIPS with a button to enable and in case of doing so it is impossible to remove them, but in my other console nothing appears of that in the Host Status, from the other console can I remove that button? and that "Non-Fips" does not appear in red, since I did not enable anything.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to remove the reading from FIPS?

My guess is that the 2nd server (where the FIPS-related content is not visible) has not been properly upgraded yet or running a different version of PAM than the one where it is visible.

I'd check two places:

1) The Agent Version: Hosts Console > Select the Host > Note the "Agent Version" in the Right Panel.

2) The Agent's individual packages and their version: Same steps as above, but also select "Packages" in the top right to see a list of packages and their version, status, etc. I suspect there is some difference here in versions between the two servers that should be resolved.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi, thanks for your response.

Between the console and the agents, only 4 differ in versions as per OS version it could not be updated and they told me that it is possible to live between versions.

Now what I need is that that reading of FIPS omits it since the client does not use it since it does not have it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It is not recommended to have differing versions of PAM within the same framework. We recommend having the same version deployed throughout the framework.
What were those packages that were differing in versions between the "working" manager and the "not working" manager (where FIPS button was not visible)?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

There are two consoles with Framework of which both are in 3.6. Between the two only 4 agents are in 3.2 which were not uploaded because the operating system does not meet the minimum operating system requirements for updating.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Ok, so I think you are saying here that the listed Agent Version in Hosts Console for those manager servers is 3.6, which is good. There are also packages within that host which should be verified to be 3.6 as well. I still suspect the cause here to be that one of the "console" packages has not been upgraded yet perhaps all the way to 3.6 as well. So please do also verify the packages for each manager and sort by version to see if any are not reporting to be 3.6.

Alternatively, the browser could have resources cached of an earlier version for that Hosts Status page you are referring to, so please try clearing out the cache of the browser as well as this could be another cause.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.