Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Is it possible to change the PAM Admin web sites timeout?

Jump to solution

For both web interfaces (main old console and new MyAcess/Cred Vault console) is it possible to change the inactivity timeout on sessions?

Drives me crazy. I have both open. Work in one, come back for a task in the second one, and yep it timed out on me. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Is it possible to change the PAM Admin web sites timeout?

Jump to solution

Thankfully, Tyler helped me out, and it was interesting, since it is not set in 'settings' as you might expect, rather it is in the Framework Users tab, ad there is a system wide setting and override values (Inactivity Timeout) on each Frame User.  So you can set it to 120 min for the system, and then some users get 1 min or 1000  min. 

Interetsing, I missed it entirely as I tried searching the docs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Thankfully, Tyler helped me out, and it was interesting, since it is not set in 'settings' as you might expect, rather it is in the Framework Users tab, ad there is a system wide setting and override values (Inactivity Timeout) on each Frame User.  So you can set it to 120 min for the system, and then some users get 1 min or 1000  min. 

Interetsing, I missed it entirely as I tried searching the docs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

For those that may be interested, supporting references can be found below from PAM 3.6 documentation:

Account defaults:
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/privileged-account-manager-36/npam_admin/data/user_account_settings.html#bjflv4n

Change for specific user in framework:
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/privileged-account-manager-36/npam_admin/data/user_account_settings.html#user_modify

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.