vishalanm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Package Manager error

Hi all,

I am trying to install packages to my hosts and get 2 errors on my Framework Manager server running Win 2012 R2.

The first one I get is when I go into Package Manager -> Add Packages. I get the message " Failed to connect to package source IP ADDRESS:29120.

I am using the IP of the Framework Manager machine and have configured this to be a local package manager.

The second error I get is when I go to Hosts -> and try to update/commit packages. I get the message " Failed to receive updates for IP ADDRESS: Failed to receive a response from the package manager.

All my hosts are registered with the Framework manager. and they all are online when I do a "Host Status"

Thank you in advance for the help
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Package Manager error

First, please verify "Agent Package Management" has "Enable Package Management through Host Console" set to "Yes."
This is a drop-down option in the Package Manager Settings.

Second, I believe "Local Package Manager" is only necessary to define/configure if relying on another PAM Package Manager within the infrastructure to obtain the packages for install to agents/hosts in Hosts Console.
This setting defines where the Package Manager should "source" the download of packages.
Once downloaded/available to the Package Manager, then they can be used in the Hosts Console as needed to install/update on various Hosts within the framework.

So I believe it doesn't make sense to define "Local Package Manager" to be itself. If there was another framework manager that had the packages available to it (already downloaded from Novell Update Server OR published from an ISO), then you could configure "Local Package Manager" to point to this particular Manager that has these packages available. I suspect it's not clear on this point from documentation.

To install/update packages in the Hosts Console to various hosts (agents/managers) within the framework, the packages need to be added (downloaded/published) first to the Package Manager. This can be done by publishing the packages from the downloaded PAM iso directly through the terminal OR pulled from the Novell Update Server configuration OR pulled from some other PAM Package Manager that already has these packages available to it.

Does this help explain the behavior here? To add/publish the packages to the Package Manager so that they are available in the Hosts Console, you'll need to source them either from the Update Server ("channel") or publishing them directly from the iso from terminal. For more details, please refer to step 1 of the following link, "Publish the latest packages to the Package Manager":
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/privileged-account-manager-35/npam_install/data/bqn2xot.html#t42rpu208ph9
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.