frankabhinav Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Package manager

I have installed PAM framework manager3.2 on a Windows server 2012 R2 machine .I want to add package sshrelay package without using internet connection.

I have downloaded sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak on my local machine and moved this file inside PAM framework manager machine .

I just want to know how to import/update sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak inside my package manager.

I have tried the following methods: -

Local Package Manager.
Host name:: PAM framework manager ip address
PORT:29120

Agent Package Management.
Selected Yes

Do i have to unpack sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak .If yes,

How to unpack it and where to place it ?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Package manager

frankabhinav;2473239 wrote:
I have installed PAM framework manager3.2 on a Windows server 2012 R2 machine .I want to add package sshrelay package without using internet connection.

I have downloaded sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak on my local machine and moved this file inside PAM framework manager machine .

I just want to know how to import/update sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak inside my package manager.

I have tried the following methods: -

Local Package Manager.
Host name:: PAM framework manager ip address
PORT:29120

Agent Package Management.
Selected Yes

Do i have to unpack sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak .If yes,

How to unpack it and where to place it ?

Never used PAM so I might be way of but I found this in the documentation:

You can install and uninstall packages on the agent or manager from the Framework Manager using
the following commands:
Syntax: ./unifi -n pkgman install <agent> <package>

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/privileged-account-manager-3/pdfdoc/npam_admin/npam_admin.pdf
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

After using
./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 distrib publish -f sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak

i can see the package in package manager but unable to install

Getting following error :-
./unifi -n pkgman install pam sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6

Module sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6 was not available to install.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

frankabhinav;2473578 wrote:
After using
./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 distrib publish -f sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6.pak

i can see the package in package manager but unable to install

Getting following error :-
./unifi -n pkgman install pam sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6

Module sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6 was not available to install.

Have you tried with only the name, like: ./unifi -n pkgman install pam sshrelay ?

Thomas
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Yes . I have tried but same error is coming .

isnt there any way install using console.

I have tried all commands

./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 distrib install sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

frankabhinav;2473658 wrote:
Yes . I have tried but same error is coming .

isnt there any way install using console.

I have tried all commands

./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 distrib install sshrelay-3-2-linux-x86_64-2.6

./unifi -n pkgman install <agent> <package>

Replace <agent> with the agent name for the host. To view a list of these names, click Hosts on the home page of the Framework Console.

Replace <package> with the name of the package to install or uninstall. To view a list of package names in the Framework Console, click Hosts, select a host, select to display the packages. The name field contains the package name that is used in this command.

Have you verified the agent and package name on the host page.

Thomas
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Please see the error:

pam:/opt/netiq/npum/sbin # ./unifi -u admin -p netiq123  pkgman install win-8b909vtgs9p sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23
Module sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23 was not available to install on win-8b909vtgs9p
pam:/opt/netiq/npum/sbin # ./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 pkgman install win-8b909vtgs9p sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23
Service lookup failed: 500 no peer
Failed to connect to win-8b909vtgs9p:29120
Unknown agent win-8b909vtgs9p
pam:/opt/netiq/npum/sbin # ./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 pkgman install 192.168.1.176 sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23
Module sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23 was not available to install on 192.168.1.176
pam:/opt/netiq/npum/sbin # ./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 pkgman install idm sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23
Peer certificate [CN = idm] has expired: Sun Dec 17 18:27:02 2017
Module sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23 was not available to install on idm
pam:/opt/netiq/npum/sbin # ./unifi -u admin -p netiq123 pkgman install 192.168.1.113 sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23
Module sshrelay-3-1-hpux-ia64-11.23 was not available to install on 192.168.1.113

Isnt there any way doing from console?
0 Likes
gsanjeev Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you share your platforms where your PAM manager is installed? We wish to know if your primary and backup manager is on windows or linux. Please note that sshrelay package can be installed only on linux platforms and the package should be published in your primary manager. You can read more about this in "Privileged Account Management for Windows" and "Privileged Account Management for Unix and Linux" in documentation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I agree with gsanjeev, the sshrelay package is not available on Windows. We recommend having a PAM Manager on Linux primarily for this reason.

To clarify the installing of packages with PAM:

1) Packages are installed from the the Primary Manager's Package Manager to other agents / managers. So the package must first be available to the Package Manager in the PAM environment. The workflow is first, to distribute or publish the package to the Package Manager.

2) Once available to the Package Manager, packages can then be installed to other agents / managers through the Hosts Console or terminal (see Installing Packages on a Host from the Hosts Console or with unifi from the terminal on the Framework Manager or Agent machine).

But on Windows, you won't be able to Install the sshrelay package even if it is available to the Package Manager.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.