Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

SSH rule not working for non-standard ssh port - PAM v 3.6

Hi, 

I have configured on SSH rule where I need to SSH a Linux server through PAM (v3.6).

SSH server on end-server (to which I want to SSH) is running on non-standard port (tcp/2233).

I added the resource in credential vault and defined port 2233. I am able to fetch host key using "Get Host Key" button

-----------------------------------------------

[192.168.88.110]:2233 ecdsa-sha2-nistp256

AAAAE2VjZHNhLXNoYTItbmlzdHAyNTYAAAAIbmlzdHAyNT

-----------------------------------

However, when I do SSH via PAM, PAM sends out the connection to end-server at port 22 instead of 2233, which is refused by end-server.

-------------------------

Enter option (1-1): 1
ssh: connect to host 192.168.88.110 port 22: Connection refused
0) Exit
1) ssh - root@192.168.88.110
Enter option (1-1):

---------------------------

Anyone faced this issue before, or someone can help if there is any specific configuration is missing.

Regards,

Virender Negi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.