Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

The connection cannot proceed because authentication is not enabled

Relay Error: "The connection cannot proceed because authentication is not enabled"

Security Layer and network authentication we changed  both

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp (changed to 0)

We done changes as administrator account and reboot the server but still we facing the same issue.

@tdharris 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: The connection cannot proceed because authentication is not enabled

Sounds like you have set things up appropriately. I recommend that you Open a Service Request with Support.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I just checked that registry we change security layer we changed as 1 and it os showing there., 

But we that registry with powershell ise it is showing  2. 

The registry value is showing 1 but it is not applying the in configuration. 

I already created SR but i thought any one face this kind of registry issue so it may me help for me to resolve. 

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think this might be a problem in Windows configuration and/or related to GPO policies perhaps. It seems something then maybe isn't letting you set it to a different value or something is coming in afterwards and changing it back. This wouldn't be something PAM is doing behind the scenes here I believe.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.