dsalas4ac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The cron of a user with cpcksh turns to be the root´s cron

Hello!

Is it normal when using cpcksh shell, the cron of a regular user turns to be the cron of root? In other words, I have user1 with cpcksh shell, when I open crontab it shows all cron tasks of root, not user1's.

I wonder, if that is not ok, where can be the issue to start investigating.

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: The cron of a user with cpcksh turns to be the root´s cr

I suspect some rule is allowing that command to be executed as root. You could try temporarily disabling all other rules except the pcksh one you are intending to use. Is user1's default shell cpcksh? I am wondering if user1's shell is actually root's, whoami confirms user1 or does it respond back as root?
0 Likes
dsalas4ac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You were right! There was a rule with the crontab command and was set to run as root. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Excellent, I'm glad this helped resolve it!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.