Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Unable to restart PAM agent service on windows computers, send access denied error!

It has been identified that on Windows computers the PAM agent service cannot be restarted, since when the agent starts having problems it is displayed offline in the main console, the server is checked and it is validated that the agent service is running However, when trying to do a health reboot, it does not allow me to do it by sending the access denied error and this can be restarted only if the server is restarted, this fault is very constant on Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 computers, someone knows why this happens ?? Thank you in advance for your attention !

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to restart PAM agent service on windows computers, send access denied error!

I am looking to clarify here, a "health reboot" in this case, refers to simply restarting the Windows Server the normal/routine Windows way, correct?

Are these servers joined to the domain?

What user are you logging in as to the servers?

Have you tried logging in as a local or domain Administrator account as a test?

I suspect the "Access Denied" dialog is actually being reported by Windows and I believe is unrelated to PAM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Unable to restart PAM agent service on windows computers, send access denied error!

The restart is to the service of the PAM agent, this is done because the agent is no longer functioning correctly, however when trying to restart the agent service that access denied error appears.

Some if they are in domain, however this error has been presented in servers that are not in domain

Access to the servers is with the Administrator user

If the tests have been performed with domain Administrator user and local Administrator

The access denied message only appears at the time of restarting or stopping the pam agent service (unifid.exe)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.