frankabhinav Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

privileged access request becomes through UserApp

Can anyone tell how to PAM request through UserApp ?
I'm using PAM3.1 and i have configured Add Account detail and selected Type as LDAP and Profile as Netiq edirectory.
Please tell me what next i have to do .

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: privileged access request becomes through UserApp

Can you describe what you mean by "PAM request through UserApp" ? I'd like to understand what your goal is. It is my understanding that UserApp is part of IDM, which is built on eDirectory as the LDAP store, so if you are trying to allow IDM users to access PAM, then yes, creating an LDAP Account Domain with the Profile set as NetIQ eDirectory with valid credentials and server settings. Then you would configure the default authentication domain to use this in the Framework User Manager Console: https://www.netiq.com/documentation/privileged-account-manager-3/npam_admin/data/user_account_settings.html#bjflv4n.
0 Likes
frankabhinav Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Which rule i should be using to access userapp. I didn't find any rule for authenticating userapp through PAM.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you perhaps thinking of NetIQ Access Manager (NAM)? As you can configure that to allow you to access UserApp.. I have no idea on the use case you have stated as it relates to PAM yet.. Can you please be more descriptive on the use-case you are expecting here? More details would be excellent to help us understand.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.