Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
sandeepchow Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ALM PC Extension deployment problem

Hi ,

I have installed ALM Server 11.00  in my machine, Now i have to install PC 11.00 in another machine and i have to add pc machine to ALM server. Before that i have to install PC extension in ALM server , As per installation guide

Click Add and browse to the Extensions folder. Two files are available for deployment: The Lab Management (PCLAB.qcx) and the Performance Center project (PCPROJECT.qcx) extension files.

we have to add these (.qcx) files in the extension deployment. But i am unable to see those files, Can anybody say that where can i find these files in the dump or installed folder

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep.Y

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: ALM PC Extension deployment problem

I haven't done this before, but I'm looking at the ALM PC Install Guide, page 45, and it has a Note about how to deploy the extensions on a "New Installation", which it sounds like is your situation. The passage you quoted is from page 46 under the process for deploying a patch on the PC Extensions which themselves were already installed. I don't think you want to use that process. I think you should be using the first process that starts on page 45.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
sandeepchow Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Tudy,

Thanks for your reply. I got how to install PC extension but i want to check the pc extension is installed or not.

Can any one tell me where to check the PC extension is deployed or not.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I'm afraid I can't help. I don't actually have a PC system yet to look at.

Good luck.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.