Contributor.. Vinay Desai Contributor..
Contributor..

How to stop Controller going to non operational status PC 12.55

we have new PC servers (PC Hosts) that were built (windows server 2016). we also have some older hosts which we are using for load tests. older hosts (controller, LG's,DP) work seamlessly. the new controller is frequently going to non operational mode. i have checked all the settings and they are matching with older controllers (windows server 2008/2012). not sure what is causing this to happen. 

Every time we try to launch the perf test using new controller it fails for controller not getting launched (wlrun.exe) error. 

we are using PC v12.55. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: How to stop Controller going to non operational status PC 12.55

Hello

For this issue make sure that you review the following:

Check anti virus and make exception for the whole installation folder

Check that the following services are up and running.

Data colection
Performance load testing
Remote management
Performance Agent

Make sure that the ports listed on page 15 of the document below are open and available for communication:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/pc/en/12.60-12.63/pdfs/PC_Install.pdf

Hope this information helps!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Vinay,

If wlrun.exe crashes, you should see this in the Event Viewer logs.

Send us the LTOPsvc logs from Controller. 

Also collect a dump for wlrun.exe while running a test. 

1) Download procdump from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx
2) Extract to PC Host machine
3) Execute cmd
4) Execute procdump from cmd shell using the following command:

procdump -ma -e -w Wlrun.exe

5) Execute the test
6) Crash dump will be saved in the procdump folder

Best regards,

Paul

0 Likes
girishv26 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I too often face this issue while running performance test in CI pipeline through Jenkins. The Controller going Non-Operational aborts the scheduled CI test runs.

There are couple of solutions I have worked on to overcome the issue:

1) Many time I noticed that there is already a Controller Process running on machine though no tests being running. 

I saw it in Task Manager but Performance Center show no run.

Killing this orphan controller process helped

2) I wrote a Task Scheduler which restart my Controller machine every morning after checking if any test is running or not

3) Create a Utility using Performance Center API to Reconfigure Host. (you can combine this with Reboot Machine + Reconfigure Host)

Thanks,

Girish

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.