Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Dennis Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

PC12.50 scheduled test - Run test failed. 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am pretty new to PC. The past few working days I have been working on the installation of HP ALM Performance Center Edition V12.50.

To get the product to now, I created a simple Loadrunner webscript in which I perform some calls to a webservice.
I created a test in PC, with this script, and this test runs fine as long as I trigger it manually through Test Management -> Test Lab, select my test and press "Run Test".
This creates a AdhocRun in PC, see in attached screenshot "AdhocRun_2015_12_07 10:22:32" with a state of Finished

But when I try to schedule the test, to run it automatically, it always fails.
See the attached screenshot, "AutoStartRun_2015_12_07 10:45:55", state Run Failure.

When looking at the Event Log of that test, it states: "Run test failed. Reason: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'"

I have been looking at:
- PC System Health @ HP ALM, everything is OK;
- looking in logfiles on the ALM server: <installdir>\ProgramData\HP\ALM\log, I can not find entries about this issue;
- looking in the database, I do not know where to look, so much tables...

Bottomline: Why doesn't the test run scheduled through a timeslot?

Anny help appreciated and thanks in advance.
Dennis

NB: If this solves your problem / helps you on the way, consider acknowledging with Kudos. To kudo a post, select the thumbs up icon in the gray square by the post in the thread.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Re: PC12.50 scheduled test - Run test failed. 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Jump to solution

I solved it myself.
The reason why this behaviour occurs is because I did not check-in the test under Test Management -> Testplan -> Edit Test.

If the test is not checked-in you can run it manually.
Checking the test in helped me to run the test scheduled in a timeslot.

NB: If this solves your problem / helps you on the way, consider acknowledging with Kudos. To kudo a post, select the thumbs up icon in the gray square by the post in the thread.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Re: PC12.50 scheduled test - Run test failed. 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Jump to solution

I solved it myself.
The reason why this behaviour occurs is because I did not check-in the test under Test Management -> Testplan -> Edit Test.

If the test is not checked-in you can run it manually.
Checking the test in helped me to run the test scheduled in a timeslot.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.