Add more control of notification for Agile integration

Idea ID 2754440

Add more control of notification for Agile integration

It is possible to turn on notifications for Agile/Jira integrations. The notifications are handy, but I would like to be able to customize these notifications - to tell me diagnostic information. For example, which fields and values were populated. This would be useful when the PPM values of a field differ from the Jira values, and what the integration tried to do when matching values.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi Jim,

Just to make sure, you're talking about the Request Sync PPM/Jira integration, right?

What existing notifications do you refer to here?

I assume that what you're looking for is a better understanding of the fields sync process, and this looks more like something that would belong in log files (for troubleshooting) than in email Notifications, as this would likely end up flooding your mailbox as more and more requests get synched. 

As a reminder, the PPM Jira connector is open source, so if you've got the right skills in-house, you can always add log statements wherever you need them and get your own version of the connector that will log the level of details you need: 

https://github.com/MicroFocus/ppm-jira-connector/tree/master/src/com/ppm/integration/agilesdk/connector/jira

Thanks,

Etienne.

JimB_In_SD Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello Etienne,

Thanks for the response. Yes, there is an existing notification that can be enabled for the Jira integration. Right now, it only provides a date/time stamp, and a brief note that an update has been made to a Jira entry based on a PPM request.

Yes, that notification would fill up my inbox, but my plan is to only use it during testing and deployment.

Ideally, this notification could show what fields and values were used in the update, as well as any errors.

Logging would be a decent alternative - but it sounds like there is no logging available in the current implementation - is that correct? If there is some logging available, can you tell me how to enable it?

Jim

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jim,

Correct, there's no logging in the current connector for Request Sync integration - though adding some would be relatively trivial, we just need to know what to log, and you've already described what you need in your post.

Opening this idea for vote, either for email notifications or with better logging for the Jira connector/Request sync.

Thanks!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.