Automatic schedule work plan

Idea ID 2814481

Automatic schedule work plan

0 Votes

Is there any way for the scheduling in a work plan to be automatic? I mean, when I change the duration of a task and this task has succesors, these succesors should re-plan automatically wihout the need of clicking the Schedule Work Plan button. Is there a service for this? which one? If not, is there a ER?

Thanks,

Regards,

Christian

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi Christian,

The problem here is that scheduling very large work plans can take quite a while in PPM, and it's not uncommon for our users to have work plans of over 10k tasks - if PPM were to reschedule the whole work plan upon each single task update, the performance of saving each change would become really atrocious on these large work plans.

I assume we could implement this as long as the work plan size is within certain limits for guaranteed acceptable performance so I'm opening this for votes, but my assumption here is that you're looking for the same behavior as what you'd get in Microsoft  Project, where by default every change will re-calculate the whole work plan schedule. That's a valid ER, let's see if it gets some traction from other users.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Etienne,

Yes, customer are looking the same behavior  as what you'd get in Microsoft  Project, where by default every change will re-calculate the whole work plan schedule,  because they managed a lot of projects (1000) that are related (predecesors between tasks of different projects) and to do this manually, looking for the projects that are predecesors, and performing the action manually is too much work.

If this cannot be that automatic, at least PPM should have an scheduled service that updates the schedule every X minutes.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Christian

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.