Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Enable "The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs." option in the Financial summary

Idea ID 1792227

Re: Enable "The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs." option in the Financial summary - Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Enable the option "The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs." in the Financial summary by default.

Tags (1)
9 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

In proposal financial summary, there is a checkbox "The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs.".

However, there is no configuration to enable it by default, causing user having to go to the financial summary and check them manually.
Extra resources has to be used to ensure all proposals has this option checked.

Scenario

When the capitalized expense is enabled, there is an option “The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs." in the Financial summary setting. By default, the option are unchecked. 

Required

Expect that there is configuration on default value of "The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs."
Such that when a proposal is created, the option will follow the default value configured.

Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

hi Jane, I thought this was addressed with the below QC:

QCIM1L60750 "Flexibility to set default values of Financial Summary Setting in Proposals"/ QCCR1L60857

We had tested this and have applied it in our production as well. this was hotfix on top of 9.5

Ajay

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

FYI so far it's just a hotfix, this functionality hasn't been merged in PPM main code branch.

SandraL Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Is there a plan to merge it into the PPM main code branch?

This sounds similar to the enhancement I have been wanting for years -- to default our Proposal Financial Summary settings to always roll up time sheet costs to the Financial Summary.

I would like more information about the hotfix, and if it also covers my above scenario.

Thanks.

Sandra

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sandra,

Yes, we plan to merge that in PPM main code branch as soon as the hotfix has been validated by the customers it was sent to. I think we have hotfixes ready for 9.50-9.53, so if you're on this version just drop me an email and I can see if we can send it to you for testing/validation.

If this goes in PPM main code branch, the sooner it would be is next version, i.e. 9.54 (planned to be released end of Aug/early Sept).

Thanks,

Etienne.

SandraL Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

@etienne12 It sounds like Amishra already validated it, but we are in the process of moving a test system up to 9.53 -- so if you send it to me we will try it out when we start testing that level.

Thanks.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered in PPM 9.55. There are new Server Parameters to decide the default values of all Proposal & Assets financial summary settings.

Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Cheers Etienne. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.