ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

Java portlets preferences should allow filtering for logged in user

Idea ID 2853096

Java portlets preferences should allow filtering for logged in user

Our user Community find it very frustrating that some of the java portlets does not allow the portlet preferences to filter for the logged in user.

If I add the following regular used java portlets to a Module page, no filter available that allow for the logged in user to only see their data in the portlet:

1. Analyze Assignment Load portlet: Refer to the "Resource Name" preference field
  2. Project List portlet: Refer to the "Project Manager" preference field
  3. Project Gantt portlet: Refer to the "Resource" preference field

If the listed java portlets  can be improved by adding an extra checkbox next to the filter "Resource is me" or "Project Manager is me" in the portlet preferences that will allow for the logged in user to see their data in the portlets when used in Shared Dashboards.

Thanks you

Alfred Puth

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi Alfred,

We cannot control the portlet preferences in Java portlets. A Java portlet is in full control of its preferences, and the portlet definition config screen doesn't even have a tab to predefine preferences & filter fields. There's no way to change that - that's how Java portlets work.

However, we could improve the portlet preferences for these Java listed portlets in order to add an extra checkbox next to the filter "Resource is me" or "Project Manager is me".

This way, this would act as the equivalent of advanced default when you set the resource to be the logged in user, and I assume it would give the behavior you're looking for when adding this portlet to some shared pages.

If you agree with this, feel free to update your idea description. 

Thanks,

Etienne. 

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Thanks Etienne, will make the change to the Idea.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.