New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Make Resource Type field mandatory on Position Popup UI as well

Idea ID 2693636

Make Resource Type field mandatory on Position Popup UI as well

0 Votes

Hi, 

The Resource Type field can be configured as a mandatory field on New UI but it remains as a non-mandatory field in the legacy UI. Suggesting to mandate this field in legacy UI as well to avoid loophole that may cause essential position request information (we use Resource Type in calculating labour cost) missing. 

Thanks. 

Ted

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

This is definitely valid, and  looking more like a defect than an enhancement request to me (confirmed with R&D Functional Architect).

We're actually referring to the "Edit Position" popup on the new Staffing Profile, not just the old "legacy" staffing profile page. Our intended design is to have a similar behavior (for auto-completes or fields validations) between the new inline edit page and the "Edit Position" popup on new page.  This is not yet always the case, and when that happens (like here) we tend to consider this a functional defect.

Let's keep it listed as an Idea here for tracking, but I'll put it in our short list for next release (9.55, tentatively planned end of November).

Ted, for our reference, may I know which company/partner you are representing?

Kind Regards,

Etienne. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Etienne, 

Thanks for the prompt reply. Good to know that the hotfix is going to be included in the 9.55 release. I am representing ANZ and BPM Vision in this particular case. 

Regards, 

Ted

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ted,

Just to clarify, putting an Idea on the Backlog short list is not a hard commitment that it will be in 9.55.

Also, as a part of BPM@ANZ, I remind you that you have the possibility to directly log these ER/Ideas on the PPM Beta/EDRP environment, which is a way to quickly get them in the product backlog. You can check with Kribin for more info if you're not familiar with the Beta/EDRP ER process.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered in PPM 9.61

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.