Option to Trigger an Email Notification to Approver - When an approved Timesheet is Reworked

Idea ID 2687530

Option to Trigger an Email Notification to Approver - When an approved Timesheet is Reworked

We would like to have an Out of the box solution to Trigger an Email Notification to Timesheet Approver - When an approved Timesheet is Reworked by a timesheet user. This should be similar to how a timesheet user is getting notified when the manager rejects a timesheet.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I like this idea. Would the notification occur when it is put into reworked, or when it is re-submitted and ready for approval, or both?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

From the timesheet approver, it mostly makes sense to get a notification when it is re-submitted, but it may also be helpful to get a head-up notification that a timesheet has started being reworked and may be re-submitted at some point in the future; that gives timesheet approver time to contact timesheet submitter before it gets re-submitted if doing so may end up causing issues. 

So I guess, ideally, both! 

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I believe it will be helpful to have the ability to configure notifications on timesheets/timesheet policy based on any action. Similar to what we have on workflows. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.