Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Timesheet: Partial Period Lock

Idea ID 2807225

Timesheet: Partial Period Lock

0 Votes

Hello, 

As a user, I would like to lock and prevent updates on all weekly timesheets within a fiscal month from 1 st day to end of the month even if the week split between two months so that I'll be able to update or create timesheets within next month. And if the week split between two months I should be able to lock days related to the month that I going to lock, without locking the whole weekly timesheet. 

Use case: one of our customers uses a weekly timesheet and happy with that, so not happy to switch into a semi-monthly timesheet period, but the requirement to be able to lock all timesheets within the particular month as all financial operations impacted by that. 

Best Regards,

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

So, you mean you'd like to lock only some days of some timesheets that may not even have been due for submission yet? 

How do you plan to guarantee that the locked days are properly filled before locking them? Can you enforce some reliable daily filling of timesheets when the month end nears?

If finance is pushing for a strict locking of timesheets past the month limit and needs this to be done very shortly after the month has passed, then I would clearly advise to switch to bi-monthly timesheeting. End-users and finance should align their practice, one way or the other - you're calling for trouble if you expect PPM to address an organizational problem that should be handled firstly outside of the tool.

I'm opening the idea to votes nonetheless, to see if this idea is getting traction from other PPM users.

Commander
Commander

Many thanks, Etienne for the clarifications. 

Yes, the requirement to be able to lock some of the days of the weekly timesheets when the month ends. 

Yes, the organization is really enforcing teams to fill proper timesheets. You know that weekly TS is really easy to be controlled. And there is always the option to unlock those days TS for the exceptions. 

Actually customer discussing the option to switch to bi-monthly period of type, but the problem is adoption and low usability, that will be a huge issue. 

Best Regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.