pepdwill Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

9.22.0003 - Show Total Records

Hi -

We recently updating to 9.22.0003 in our Dev environment and I noticed the following.  Not sure if this is a super minor bug, or just me not reading the instructions closely enough.

When I check the "Show Total Number of Records" option for a portlet/module, the portlet does the opposite (it doesn't show the total)... but when I uncheck the box, the total number of records does get displayed.

I did a quick search on the forums and didn't see any mention of this.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. jsalass Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: 9.22.0003 - Show Total Records

Hi Pepdwil,

do you know if the same bahaviour happens in new portlets?

Also, what is your value for this parameter REQUEST_SEARCH_RESULTS_SHOW_TOTAL_NUMBER_OF_RECORDS?

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I think I gave bad information in first post so let me clarify what is happening.

- When I add a brand new portlet, the total # of rows displays correctly and the behavior is working.

- For existing portlets, the # total rows just shows as 0 with the option checked (i.e., "Showing 1 to 10 of 0")

We haven't modified the value of the REQUEST_SEARCH_RESULTS_SHOW_TOTAL_NUMBER_OF_RECORDS parameter, so we'd be using whatever the default value is.

Is this a case of me not reading the instructions, or does this seem like an issue?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. jsalass Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hey Pepdwill,

Got the issue now. Actually, this is a known defect (you are fine reading the instructions).

I checked internally and there is a defect logged already QCCR1L55962. However, there is not ETA for the solution.

If a fix is needed please open a ticket with support and provide a business justification, RnD will check your specific problem and analyze if a fix can be whether created.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Jonathan, good to know!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Out of curiosity, does it fix the problem if you add the hint /*NOPAGINATION*/  anywhere in the SQL of your Datasource definition?

This is a feature introduced to allow to disable whenever needed the pagination optimization mechanism introduced in recent PPM releases that may (or may not) be causing this problem.

Thanks,

Etienne.

Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Pepdwill,

I follow Etienne suggestion, after that it showing the correct total numbers of records in the portlet

Regards.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.