Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

9.3 license validation

Jump to solution

We are getting ready to upgrade from 9.22 to 9.32 and I want to validate our new autopass generated production license key file beforehand so I don't end up discovering that the license counts are incorrect after having already performed the upgrade. I tried reading the file using kLicenseReader.sh on a test server but it was unable to read the file. Is there a way I can accomplish this?

[hpppmadmin@PPMAPPTST bin]$ sh ./kLicenseReader.sh -filepath /opt/ppm_home/erik -filename PPM_7360397.dat
All the license details:
Fail to print license infomation
java.lang.Exception: An exception occured while reporting the installed license details!
        at com.kintana.core.util.license.AutopassUtilBase.reportInstalledLicenseDetails(AutopassUtilBase.java:449)
        at com.kintana.core.server.tools.LicenseReader.printLicenseInfo(LicenseReader.java:464)
        at com.kintana.core.server.tools.LicenseReader.main(LicenseReader.java:452)
Caused by:
 Error  code    : 5997
 Error  message : No license is found in Memory
 Custom message : No licenses found in license file
        at com.hp.autopassj.core.LicenseHandler.reportLicense(LicenseHandler.java:710)
        at com.hp.autopassj.core.LicenseHandler.reportLicenseSet(LicenseHandler.java:741)
        at com.hp.autopassj.core.LicenseHandler.reportLicenseSet(LicenseHandler.java:736)
        at com.hp.autopassj.core.AutopassJ.reportLicenseSet(AutopassJ.java:711)
        at com.kintana.core.util.license.AutopassUtilBase.reportInstalledLicenseDetails(AutopassUtilBase.java:446)
        ... 2 more

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. AlexSavencu Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: 9.3 license validation

Jump to solution
Hi, Erik,

I discovered that the license reader tool fails with similar errors if you try to read a license fail which is not intended for the exact machine where you run the tool.

I would suggest to triple check the quantities in the EON used to generate the license and keep your fingers crossed :). If you do this, you should be ok.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. AlexSavencu Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi, Erik,

I discovered that the license reader tool fails with similar errors if you try to read a license fail which is not intended for the exact machine where you run the tool.

I would suggest to triple check the quantities in the EON used to generate the license and keep your fingers crossed :). If you do this, you should be ok.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
0 Likes
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Thanks, though.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. hyllplan Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
Does this still apply to 9.32.0002? Were in the same situation like Erik the 16th of June when we will upgrade. I dont want to rollback because of a faulghty license...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.