Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

9.32 licensing rehost

Hoping someone has done this before, or can speak to the required process...

We currently run a cluster containing two hosts, one of which is the "primary" IP for the licensing. I am planning a transition to two new hosts, with different IP addresses. In the short term, I will just add these new hosts to the current cluster. Later, I will retire the existing two and leave the "new" ones.

Will this require any licensing change, since the "primary" IP will eventually be retired?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. andy100full Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: 9.32 licensing rehost

Hello Eric,

This Andres I found the following information from Installation and Administration Guide Chapter 4 Page 105, where says the following:

Installing An Autopass License in a Clustered Environment

Starting from 9.30, you can install an Autopass license file on any node of a cluster without having to copy the license file to each of the remaining nodes.
The licenses you installed are stored in the database instead of the license.conf file, which means that licenses are centralized.

However, always make sure that the IP address assigned in the license file matches that of the primary node in the cluster, otherwise you will receive a “
0 license key(s) installed successfully ” message.

To install licenses in a clustered environment,

1. Obtain and save the Autopass license key file somewhere on your computer.

2. Install the license key file using the kLicenseInstall.sh tool or the Administration Console on any of the nodes in the cluster.

The license file is installed and becomes effective right away, with a message popping up showing how many licenses are installed.

In resumen if you are planning to add more nodes in a different physical server you must need a new license file to be stored in the
database server with the new IP address.

I'm attaching this guide for future references.

Best Regards,
Andres.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.