Super Contributor.. JodieOndrejka Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Ability to have a 'Contains' condition in the request rules dependency

Has anyone found a way of having a 'contains' condition in the request rules dependencies with the selections that are available?

Scenario:

I have a drop list in a table component that allows for multiple selections.  I need to have an OnChange rule happen on that field and determine if a certain string is within that selection.  For example, if the selection contains "Program Manager; Project Manager; Project Analyst", I need to determine if 'Project Manager' is present.

We are running PPM version 9.32.0002.

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. Jeison_R_PPM Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Ability to have a 'Contains' condition in the request rules dependency

Hello JodieOndrejka,

Actually, some customers has requested the same than you, however the Enhancement Request was Closed with no change, please check the following link: QCCR1L46471.

Actually the options are just limited to:

is null
contains any value
is equal to
is not equal to
is greater than
is greater than or equal to
is less than
is less than or equal to

So, there is no an OOTB way to get what you're requesting for.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Jason

0 Likes
Contributor.. Asphalt09 Contributor..
Contributor..

Hello,

Well according to some information that I found there is an old ER that is about this matter that you are having, in the next link you can see the result of the investigation on that ER.  

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L46471 

So apperantly there is not certificate way to do what you are asking.

0 Likes
pepdwill Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I'm pretty sure you can achieve the same desired outcome by using the "contains any value" dependency, and then in the SQL use a CASE or DECODE statement to do the rest.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

That would work as long as the SQL functionality is used.  However, there's a lot of work around to do if UI functionality is needed in order to display a message to the user.  Hidden fields are needed to set the appropriate text in order for yet another rule to be able to look at it and then display the UI message.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello JodieOndrejka,

Please let me know if the information provided was helpful.

Thanks,

Francisco Morales
Customer Support Engineer
0 Likes

Hello JodieOndrejka,

Please let me know if you were able to achieve this.

Thanks, 

Francisco Morales
Customer Support Engineer
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Unfortunately it will remain an issue until the tool can handle the functionality. (If it ever does. 🙂 )

Thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.