Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

Analyze Resource Pool excel format

Jump to solution

hello,

we have formatting problem on using Resource Management-->Data Exports-->Analyze Resource Pool tab export to excel functionality. I think that it is caused by a regional setting, or excel formatting.

what is the common format for this report?

thanks,

Nilay.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..

Re: Analyze Resource Pool excel format

Jump to solution

Hi,

I changed my regional settings from administration-->edit my profile menu. It was set as 'Turkıye' ,than i set it as English (United States). After update problem was fixed.

thanks,

Nilay.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. favdjiev Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I searched the support database and it seems this issue is in fact not based on PPM-side. This was actually added by Microsoft with the implementation of Office 2k7. Please check the article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948615

Cause :
The warning message is a user-notification function that was added to Excel 2007. The warning message can help prevent unexpected problems that might occur because of possible incompatibility between the actual content of the file and the file name extension.

The current design does not allow to open HTML content from a web site in Excel. So, ASP pages that return HTML and set the MIME type to something like XLS to try to force the HTML to open in Excel instead of the web browser (as expected) will always get the security alert. If an HTML MIME type is used, then the web browser will open the content instead of Excel. So, there is no good workaround for this case because of the lack of a special MIME type for HTML/MHTML that is Excel specific. One's own MIME type can be added, if it can control both the web server and the client desktops that need access to it. Otherwise the best option is to use a different file format or alert users of the Warning and tell them to select 'Yes' to the dialog.

The logical explanation appears to be that from 2007 on, Microsoft changed the extension for all their office products. Like Excel was previously .xls and notw is .xlsx. Similarly word was .doc and now .docx.

You might also want to take a look at the following article - http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00386798

Best Regards,
Filip

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I changed my regional settings from administration-->edit my profile menu. It was set as 'Turkıye' ,than i set it as English (United States). After update problem was fixed.

thanks,

Nilay.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.