Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Anyone using [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID] in 9.x?

We are using a request to create a package.   I need to reference some tokens from the parent request.  This token is in th builder but doesnt resolve.   I am try to do a ksc_comment  [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID]    and nothing comes back.

Anyone using this or know if the token named changed?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Anyone using [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID] in 9.x?

Forgot to mentioned that we are trying to reference the token (parent request info) in the object type of the spawned package.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Anyone using [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID] in 9.x?

Found more information about the issue.  We are spawning a package from the request.  When I open the package I am filling in the package line details.  I don't think its possible to reference any of the parent request tokens in a  package line field validation.   Example, I have a field which is performing a SQL select on kenv_environments where user_data1=REQ.P.ENV_TYPE.     After the package is submitted I can run a workflow step that echos the REQ.P.ENV_TYPE and it resolves.  However, if I'm trying to use it in a package line field validation it doesnt seem to work.  We also determined that the PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID is NOT resolving to the parent request id #.   Its actually grabbing parent_step_transaction_id. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.