Absent Member.. TomLarrow Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Application Code field

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the Application Code field that is displayed when the user creates a new package line in the workbench.

1)  Can it be disabled/not required?  All of our packages are spawned from a request, and that request contains the necessary information to generate the application code. 

2) Can it be defaulted to a value?  If we can't disable it, can we default it to the value that we know it needs to be?

3) Can the selection list be limited?  We currently have over 200 application codes in the environment that the workflow uses, and we're expecting to add another 200-400 in short order.  That is a lot for the user to sort through.  Is there any way of using a validation with the application code to limit the number of selections the user has to sort through?

4) Can the value of the application code be used by other fields before the user submits the package line?  If we do make the user sort thorugh 600 application codes to select theirs, we'd like to use the value of it in other validations, but every time I've tested, the token is always blank until the line is submitted.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Application Code field

Jump to solution

Hello TomLarrow,

Let me try to replicate if is possible to disabel it.

I found some information that can clarify some yoour doubts;

If a security group contains Deployment Management users, you can limit the
application codes available to its members when new package lines are
generated. This way, you restrict the applications through which each user can
process objects. For example, you could assign software changes for an ERP
system to one set of users, and assign access to Front Office application
changes to a different set of users.

Also see attached Deployment management config  and Security Model guides for more information.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
2 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello TomLarrow,

Let me try to replicate if is possible to disabel it.

I found some information that can clarify some yoour doubts;

If a security group contains Deployment Management users, you can limit the
application codes available to its members when new package lines are
generated. This way, you restrict the applications through which each user can
process objects. For example, you could assign software changes for an ERP
system to one set of users, and assign access to Front Office application
changes to a different set of users.

Also see attached Deployment management config  and Security Model guides for more information.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. TomLarrow Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank you.

We had tried setting the security on the application code previously, and never saw it limit the seletion.  It turns out most of the security groups were associated with a second group wich had access to every application code, and this was causing users to see every application code available.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.