Highlighted
Absent Member.. Niraj Prabhu Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Archiving options for PPM

I would like to know plans to include archiving abilities for PPM request/package/project after certain duration. I have worked with multiple customers, and this has always been an interesting discussion on having OOTB archiving feature making it easier for customers to work efficiently.

Could performance get impacted if the system is not archived for many years?

Regards,

Niraj

1 513 390 9070

nirajprabhu@gmail.com

Niraj P.
0 Likes
3 Replies
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Archiving options for PPM

Hi Niraj P.,

I could not find any Enhancement Requests in the Support Database that would leave me to believe that this feature will be available soon. Since "Expert Day" lasts 24 hours and there are resources in the different regions around the world, let us wait to see what others have to say.

In the end, looks like we will need to make one of the Enhancement Requests that are in the Support Database "Customer Visible" so it can be viewed on the Software Support Online (SSO) site for clients to track the status of the ER.

PPM queries are designed to keep in mind there is a large amount of data. So there should not be a need to archive the data at any point.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Also, 9.2 handles large amounts of data better than the 9.1 version. The 9.2 versions makes better use of the pagination feature of Oracle is my understanding.

If clients are still on the 9.1 version, they will want to move to the 9.2 version to ensure best performance if their data is growing large.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

This topic is on PPM Roadmap. As of today there are some plans to provide purging & archiving features in future versions of PPM. It may start with only simple purging functionality, but the current long term goal is to provide full-fledged data management capabilities in HP PPM Center.

However, please be reminded that HP cannot provide any commitment on the exact features details nor even on the point that it will be available one day as our roadmap is subject to change, but I can tell you that we're way past the "we're thinking about it" stage on the purging/archiving topic.

And to answer your question on performance impact if data is left growing in the system for many years, the answer is definitely yes - though different features of PPM will not get equally impacted by large amounts of data in the database.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.