Absent Member.. thePITman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Auto Complete Validations Don't Filter

Jump to solution

Validation 1

Component Type = Auto Complete List

Selection Mode = Starts With

Expected List Length = Long

Validated By = SQL - Custom

SQL returns 170 records

Validation 2

Component Type = Auto Complete List

Selection Mode = Starts With

Expected List Length = Long

Validated By = SQL - Custom

SQL returns 1,100 records

First Try:

When I am submitting a new request, I type something in either field supported by Validation 1 or Validation 2, and I hit Tab, hoping that the resulting values in the pop-up will be only those values that start with what I typed. But I get all results returned (170 records in Validation 1, and 1,100 records in Validation 2 broken out into over a dozen pages). Even when the pop-up appears with all results, I type text and hit Find, and nothing happens.

Second Try:

I used the recommendation found here (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/PPM-Support-Tip-Use-quot-Expected-list-length-quot-as-quot-Short/td-p/6159629) -- I changed them both to "Expected List Length = Short." Then, when typing some letters into the fields on the request and hitting Tab, the same thing happens - neither field filtered on the text. However, once I was in the pop-up, as I typed each letter in the search field, it filtered in real-time. Validation 1 (170 records) worked as expected here (with the exception of not filtering upon hitting Tab). However, Validation 2 (1,100 records) only returned the first 500 records when I hit Tab. So even though it filtered in real-time as I typed in the pop-up, it was only filtering among the first 500 records.

I would like a user to be able to type the first few letters of the value they want, hit Tab, it filters, and then be able to continue filtering in real-time in the pop-up box. At the very least, they type in the field, hit Tab, it filters, and then they type in more and hit Find (for "Long" validation lists).

Please advise. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Auto Complete Validations Don't Filter

Jump to solution

Hi,

You would need to append below code to the SQL query.

You need to replace "work_item " here with the field token that you are typing the text in..

AND       UPPER(work_item) like UPPER('?%')
AND (work_item like upper(substr('?',1,1)) || '%'
OR    work_item like lower(substr('?',1,1)) || '%')

Thanks

Mohit

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

You would need to append below code to the SQL query.

You need to replace "work_item " here with the field token that you are typing the text in..

AND       UPPER(work_item) like UPPER('?%')
AND (work_item like upper(substr('?',1,1)) || '%'
OR    work_item like lower(substr('?',1,1)) || '%')

Thanks

Mohit

0 Likes
Absent Member.. thePITman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Mohit,

Thank you so much! This worked. The only alteration I had to make was instead of using the Token as you recommended, I had to use the SQL column name that I was bringing back, otherwise it kept giving an error that the field did not have a value.

Did not work:

AND UPPER('[REQD.VP.P_PARAM]') LIKE UPPER('%?%')

Did work:

AND UPPER(table.column) LIKE UPPER('%?%')

The above snippets are for Contains -- I changed from "Starts With" to "Contains".

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.